At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
- "Apart from being great fun, Stink Pellets can be used to stun small magical creatures or to get you out of a sticky situation with prefects."
- "You filthy little beasts would never have dropped Stink Pellets if you'd known I had it in my power to whip you raw, would you, now?"
- —Argus Filch[src]
Early in the 1993-1994 school year, Fred Weasley was running low on these and wanted to get some in Hogsmeade. Their usage is similar to that of a Dungbomb, another item not tolerated by the Hogwarts caretaker.
In 1996, as the tyranny of Dolores Umbridge reached a new level with her becoming Headmistress, the students of Hogwarts revolted en masse, and Dungbombs and Stink Pellets were dropped in the halls with such frequency that it became the new fashion for students to use the Bubble-Head Charm just to ensure that they had a supply of fresh, clean air.
In 2020, Hermione Granger told Ron Weasley (actually Albus Potter with the use of Polyjuice Potion) that if he had left another stink pellet in her office, then he would be in big trouble ("Merlin won't help you").
Behind the scenes
- Mucus Projectum was a spell planned for the video game adaptation of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, but was cut from the final version of the game. It is possible that the spell would have a similar effect to the manner that Stink Pellets are used in the final game.
- Stink Pellets are available in the PS2 versions of the first three Harry Potter games in the Weasleys' Wares. In the first two games, they can be thrown at other locations to distract Prefects. In the third game, the twins give Ron a challenge where he must throw the Pellets at unlit lanterns and in return they will give him a Famous Witches and Wizards Cards with each special amount of lanterns lit.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film) (Mentioned in Sctipt)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game) (Nintendo DS only)
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child (play) (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery
Notes and references
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (GBA)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Chapter 8 (Flight of the Fat Lady)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Chapter 30 (Grawp)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, Act One, Scene Eighteen