At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
- "The Streeler is a giant snail that changes colour on an hourly basis and deposits behind it a trail so venomous that it shrivels and burns all vegetation over which it passes. The Streeler is native to several African countries, though it has been successfully raised by wizards in Europe, Asia and the Americas."
- — Newt Scamander[src]
The Streeler changed colour hourly, and left behind a trail of venom so toxic that it burned all vegetation that it touched. Streelers had sharp spikes on their shells, which also injected venom. This defence was most likely to scare off or kill its attackers, such as birds and small to medium sized rodents.
In 1992 and 1993, The Magical Menagerie in Diagon Alley housed and sold orange Streelers for purchase. Harry Potter, Ronald Weasley and Hermione Granger saw some of these creatures for sale when they entered the shop in August 1995, amongst others.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (PC and PS1 versions)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (First identified as Giant Orange Snails) (Not in console versions)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (First appearance) (First identified as Poisonous orange snails)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - The Original Screenplay (Appears in flashback(s))
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (Appears in flashback(s))
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (First identified as Streeler)
- Harry Potter Trading Card Game
- Wizarding World
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery
Notes and references
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Chapter 4 (The Leaky Cauldron)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) - PC version
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game)
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - The Original Screenplay, Scene 68
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 4, Chapter 11 (Beautification Potion) - Care of Magical Creatures Lesson "Streeler"
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) - PS1 version
|Care of Magical Creatures|
|Care of Magical Creatures at Hogwarts|
|Hagrid's Hut · Forbidden Forest · Care of Magical Creatures classroom · Magical Creatures (club) · The Paddock|
|Professors||Silvanus Kettleburn · Rubeus Hagrid · Wilhelmina Grubbly-Plank (substitute teacher)|
|Textbooks||The Monster Book of Monsters · Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them|
|Creatures studied at Hogwarts|
|Blast-Ended Skrewt · Bowtruckle · Chimaera · Crup · Demiguise · Diricawl · Doxy · Fairy · Fire Crab · Fire Dwelling Salamander · Flobberworm · Fwooper · Glumbumble · Gnome · Golden Snidget · Griffin · Hippogriff · Imp · Jackalope · Knarl · Kneazle · Moke · Murtlap · Niffler · Occamy · Porlock · Quintaped · Streeler · Thestral · Unicorn|
|Magical creatures by classification|
|X||Flobberworm · Horklump|
|XX||Augurey · Bowtruckle · Chizpurfle · Clabbert · Diricawl · Fairy · Ghoul · Gnome · Grindylow · Imp · Jobberknoll · Mooncalf · Porlock · Puffskein · Ramora · Winged horse|
|XXX||Ashwinder · Billywig · Bundimun · Crup · Doxy · Dugbog · Fire crab · Fwooper · Glumbumble · Hippocampus · Hippogriff · Hodag · Jarvey · Knarl · Kneazle · Leprechaun · Lobalug · Mackled Malaclaw · Moke · Murtlap · Niffler · Nogtail · Pixie · Plimpy · Pogrebin · Red Cap · Salamander · Sea serpent · Shrake · Streeler · Winged horse|
|XXXX||Centaur · Demiguise · Erkling · Erumpent · Golden Snidget · Graphorn · Griffin · Hidebehind · Kappa · Kelpie · Merpeople · Occamy · Phoenix · Re'em · Runespoor · Snallygaster · Sphinx · Tebo · Thestral · Thunderbird · Troll · Unicorn · Winged horse · Yeti|
|XXXXX||Acromantula · Basilisk · Chimaera · Dragon · Horned Serpent · Lethifold · Manticore · Nundu · Quintaped · Wampus cat · Werewolf|