At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
|"Well, I think we should put it back in order for them, don't you?"|
- "The Streeler is a giant snail that changes colour on an hourly basis and deposits behind it a trail so venomous that it shrivels and burns all vegetation over which it passes. The Streeler is native to several African countries, though it has been successfully raised by wizards in Europe, Asia and the Americas."
- —Newt Scamander, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them[src]
The Streeler is a giant magical snail that changes colour every hour, and produces a poisonous slime. Native to Africa, the Streeler has been spread and been bred by wizards in Europe, Asia and North America.
The Streeler changes colour hourly, and leaves behind a trail of venom so toxic that it burns all vegetation that it touches. Streelers have sharp spikes on their shells, which also inject venom. This defence is most likely to scare off or kill its attackers, such as birds and small to medium sized rodents.
Kept as pets
Protection from Streelers
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (First identified as Poisonous orange snails)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (First identified as Streeler)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (First identified as Giant Orange Snails)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card) (First identified as both Poisonous orange snails and Streelers)
- Harry Potter Trading Card Game
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery
Notes and references
- ↑ Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) - "Streeler - A large, orange snail with a poisonous shell that should only be handled when wearing protective gloves." This description from the Chocolate Frog Card confirms that the poisonous orange snails are in fact, Streelers.
|Magical Creatures by classification|
|X||Flobberworm · Horklump|
|XX||Augurey · Bowtruckle · Chizpurfle · Clabbert · Diricawl · Fairy · Ghoul · Gnome · Grindylow · Imp · Jobberknoll · Mooncalf · Porlock · Puffskein · Ramora · Winged horse|
|XXX||Ashwinder · Billywig · Bundimun · Crup · Doxy · Dugbog · Fire crab · Fwooper · Glumbumble · Hippocampus · Hippogriff · Hodag · Jarvey · Knarl · Kneazle · Leprechaun · Lobalug · Mackled Malaclaw · Moke · Murtlap · Niffler · Nogtail · Pixie · Plimpy · Pogrebin · Red Cap · Salamander · Sea serpent · Shrake · Streeler · Winged horse|
|XXXX||Centaur · Demiguise · Erkling · Erumpent · Golden Snidget · Graphorn · Griffin · Hidebehind · Kappa · Kelpie · Merpeople · Occamy · Phoenix · Re'em · Runespoor · Snallygaster · Sphinx · Tebo · Thestral · Thunderbird · Troll · Unicorn · Winged horse · Yeti|
|XXXXX||Acromantula · Basilisk · Chimaera · Dragon · Horned Serpent · Lethifold · Manticore · Nundu · Quintaped · Wampus cat · Werewolf|