|"Well, I think we should put it back in order for them, don't you?"|
At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
The Streeler is a giant magical snail that changes colour every hour, and produces a poisonous slime. Native to Africa, the Streeler has been spread and been bred by wizards in Europe, Asia and North America.
The Streeler changes colour hourly, and leaves behind a trail of venom so toxic that it burns all vegetation that it touches. Streelers have sharp spikes on their shells, which also inject venom. This defence is most likely to scare off or kill its attackers, such as birds and small to medium sized rodents.
Kept as pets
It is kept as a pet by those who enjoy its kaleidoscopic colour changes. Streeler venom is one of the few known substances that can kill Horklumps.
Protection from Streelers
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (First identified as Poisonous orange snails)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (First identified as Streeler)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (First identified as Giant Orange Snails)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (First identified as both Poisonous orange snails and Streelers) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter Trading Card Game
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery
Notes and references
- ↑ Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) - "Streeler - A large, orange snail with a poisonous shell that should only be handled when wearing protective gloves." This description from the Chocolate Frog Card confirms that the poisonous orange snails are in fact, Streelers.
|Magical Creatures by classification|
|X||Flobberworm · Horklump|
|XX||Augurey · Bowtruckle · Chizpurfle · Clabbert · Diricawl · Fairy · Ghoul · Gnome · Grindylow · Imp · Jobberknoll · Mooncalf · Porlock · Puffskein · Ramora · Winged horse|
|XXX||Ashwinder · Billywig · Bundimun · Crup · Doxy · Dugbog · Fire crab · Fwooper · Glumbumble · Hippocampus · Hippogriff · Hodag · Jarvey · Knarl · Kneazle · Leprechaun · Lobalug · Mackled Malaclaw · Moke · Murtlap · Niffler · Nogtail · Pixie · Plimpy · Pogrebin · Red Cap · Salamander · Sea serpent · Shrake · Streeler · Winged horse|
|XXXX||Centaur · Demiguise · Erkling · Erumpent · Golden Snidget · Graphorn · Griffin · Hidebehind · Kappa · Kelpie · Merpeople · Occamy · Phoenix · Re'em · Runespoor · Snallygaster · Sphinx · Tebo · Thestral · Thunderbird · Troll · Unicorn · Winged horse · Yeti|
|XXXXX||Acromantula · Basilisk · Chimaera · Dragon · Horned Serpent · Lethifold · Manticore · Nundu · Quintaped · Wampus cat · Werewolf|