- Lǐ, written 李, is one of the most common surnames in China. It was the surname of the Tang Dynasty rulers.
- "Sue" comes from the Chinese 素 "plain", or possibly 肃 or 肅 which both mean "respectful".
- Sue could have been an English name her parents picked for her, instead; it means "graceful lily" in Hebrew.
Notes and references
- Harry Potter and Me
- "World Exclusive Interview with J K Rowling," South West News Service, 8 July 2000 - "Hogwarts just serves Britain and Ireland."
- Writing by J.K. Rowling: "The Original Forty" at Wizarding World
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.