At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Wizards Unite. As such, spoilers will be present within the article.
For gameplay-specific information, please see the relevant article on the Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Wiki!
- "A large, butterfly-like creature that emerges from a small object, possibly a cocoon."
- —Description of a Swooping Evil[src]
It appears similar to an extremely large butterfly but with a wolf-like skull in place of an ordinary head. When it is not flying with its spiked wings, the Swooping Evil shrinks into a green spiny cocoon.
It can be quite dangerous, as it is an encephalophage — it feeds on people's brains — and its tough green skin has the ability to deflect at least some spells. It secretes venom that, when properly diluted, can be used to erase bad memories.
A vial of its venom was diffused over New York City through a rainstorm created by Frank, Newt's captive Thunderbird, over the city's entire No-Maj population, with the rain water effectively wiping of all their bad memories of magic and therefore preserving the security and secrecy of the magical community.
During the Calamity which affected the wizarding world in the 2010s, Swooping Evil Foundables were trapped with fire Confoundables, which members of the Statute of Secrecy Task Force had to overpower with the Water-Making Spell.
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay (First appearance)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (film)
- LEGO Dimensions
- Harry Potter: Wizards Unite
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Harry Potter: Wizards Unite
- ↑ Swooping Evil fact file - APPEARANCE: Blue and green winged beast
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Pottermore - "The Niffler and new creature ‘Swooping Evil' will appear in Fantastic Beasts"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 "'Fantastic Beasts': Meet the Creatures" at Entertainment Weekly
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay