At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Wizards Unite. As such, spoilers will be present within the article.
For gameplay-specific information, please see the relevant article on the Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Wiki!
- "A large, butterfly-like creature that emerges from a small object, possibly a cocoon."
- —Description of a Swooping Evil[src]
It appears similar to an extremely large butterfly but with a wolf-like skull in place of an ordinary head. When it is not flying with its spiked wings, the Swooping Evil shrinks into a green spiny cocoon.
It can be quite dangerous, as it is an encephalophage — it feeds on people's brains — and its tough green skin has the ability to deflect at least some spells. It secretes venom that, when properly diluted, can be used to erase bad memories.
A vial of its venom was diffused over New York City through a rainstorm created by Frank, Newt's captive Thunderbird, over the city's entire No-Maj population, with the rain water effectively oblivating of all their bad memories of magic and therefore preserving the security and secrecy of the magical community.
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay (First appearance)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (film)
- LEGO Dimensions
- Harry Potter: Wizards Unite