was he the slytherin that was with malfoy and crabbe/goyle (can never remember which ones which) in the POA movie when they go to the shreaking shack to bully ron and hermione cause im pretty sure it is... help please =) —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Snoops619 (talk • contribs) October, 2007.
- Never mind, I found him in the credits as just 'Slytherin Boy'. Still he suits the role of Mr. Nott me thinks...
- —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Snoops619 (talk • contribs) October, 2007.
Theodore in HBP and DH
Elliot Francis portrayed a Slytherin senior in HBP and DH. As senior probably refers to NEWT students, should we conclude that this is Theodore. The only non-canon element is him on the Slug Club.--Rodolphus 15:41, June 18, 2011 (UTC)
That's a ridiculous conclusion based on no evedince whatsoever. Indeed, you said so yourself he can't be Theodore, because Francis's character was in the Slug Club.
It follows policy, which is
-book -film -game
If ozr article is right, Elliot portrayed a sixth year Slytherin in HBP.
We know from Rowling that there are only five boys in Harry's year: Four have already identified directly;
Draco Crabbe Goyle Blaise
which leads us to conclude the last one is Theodore, even though the Slug club is not.--Rodolphus 16:21, June 18, 2011 (UTC)
It doesn't follow policy at all because your conclusion is pure speculation. Who's to say the OWL students aren't considered "senior". It seems to me as though fourth year could be the begining of senior student life, as the years below weren't allowed to attend the Yule Ball without an older student escorting them.
Casting call pro lists him as 6th year in HBP.--Rodolphus 17:16, June 18, 2011 (UTC)
He portrays a Slug Club member in HBP, and a Slytherin senior in Deathly Hallows. The house of his HBP character is not given, and, as I've already said, he can not be Nott because Blaise explicitly sates that Nott wasn't invited into the Slug Club. "Senior" could mean any number of things. There is no proof whatsoever that he is Nott.
In HBP - when you look at the crowd congratulating Ron after the Quidditch match against Slytherin - you can find a boy looking like Elliot Francis. So he can only be a Gryffindor in HBP. I think that the producers think nobody recognizes this, so we can use him as a Slytherin in the next film. Perhaps he can be Theodore Nott in the last film, but not in HBP. Harry granger 21:22, June 18, 2011 (UTC)
- We should only conclude an actor portrayed Theodore Nott if he is depicted doing something Theodore is known to have done in the books (like sitting next to Draco and Blaise in sixth-year Potions). It strikes me as too tenuous to rely on the kind of process of elimination demonstrated above because the filmmakers have been known to cut out book characters and invent new ones before ★ Starstuff (Owl me!) 23:24, June 18, 2011 (UTC)
Death Eater Ally?
The only thing I can think of is that he was seen talking to Malfoy, Crabbe, and Goyle after Harry gave all of their father's names in his Quibbler interview. I know, kind of lame, but it seemed to me that he at least sort of had similar views to his friends, he just wasn't so outspoken about it like Draco was. You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off! (talk) 19:31, November 2, 2013 (UTC)
I noticed that a major source for this page (and for the pages for Theodore Nott's parents, and any other page, such as the Death Eater page, that talks about Nott Sr.) is from JKR's old website, and has since been taken down. I found, however, another page that had retrieved the same information as a JKR quote. I would like to add it as a source, but I don't know how to edit the references section. If anyone would like to check on the source and replace the outdated one, this is the link: http://www.sugarquill.net/index.php?action=gringotts&st=quotesyounggen. Slytherclaw5450 (talk) 21:48, July 2, 2014 (UTC)
- I also found it in the archive of JKR's website. This is probably a better source. http://web.archive.org/web/20110623035059/http://www.jkrowling.com/textonly/en/extrastuff_view.cfm?id=5. Slytherclaw5450 (talk) 22:10, July 2, 2014 (UTC)
Nott on Pottermore?
According to Half-Blood Prince, the four Slytherins who were in Harry's N.E.W.T. level Potions class sat together. On the corresponding moment on Pottermore, we can easily identify the Slytherin table because Malfoy's hair is so distinctive. Since Nott clearly isn't a girl, that makes him either the boy on Draco's left (our right) or the one grabbing ingredients from the cupboard. As the latter boy appears to be dark-skinned, I'm assuming he's meant to be Zabini, which would make the boy on Draco's left Nott. Does this logic seem sound enough to include an image of that boy in this article? -- 1337star (Drop me a line!) 20:10, December 17, 2014 (UTC)
- There's also the black-haired boy right behind Ron, whose house is unknown. Though I would generally agree that the blond boy beside Zabini is Nott, it's possible this black-haired boy is also him. --Hunnie Bunn (talk) 20:44, December 17, 2014 (UTC)