Talking mirrors also seemed to have a personality and mind of their own, as the one in the Weasleys' seemed to be brusque and rude, ordering people rather than advising. The one in the Leaky Cauldron, which, when Harry Potter tried flattening his hair, said "You're fighting a losing battle there, dear."
Talking mirrors may have been considered a type of enchanted mirror.
Behind the scenes
- The talking mirror is similar to the magic mirror used in the fairy tale Snow White and the Seven Dwarves, which, like the one in the Harry Potter universe, comments on the user's appearance. On the other hand, talking mirrors are not all-seeing (an ability which is instead echoed in scrying mirrors).
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (Mentioned on a Famous Wizard Card)
Notes and references
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Chapter 4 (At Flourish and Blotts)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Chapter 4 (The Leaky Cauldron)