|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is a conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
- "If you must know, when I was three, Fred turned my — my teddy bear into a great big filthy spider because I broke his toy broomstick.... You wouldn't like them either if you'd been holding your bear and suddenly it had too many legs and..."
- —Ronald Weasley explains the source of his arachnophobia.[src]
This spell transfigures a teddy bear into a giant spider. Fred Weasley used this spell on Ronald Weasley's teddy bear in 1983 or 1984 in revenge for the latter breaking his toy broomstick. Ronald Weasley developed a severe case of arachnophobia due to this event.
Behind the scenes
- Fred was only about five years old when he cast this spell. It´s most likely that this was a case of unintentional wandless magic caused by Fred's anger.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film) (Mentioned only)