|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is a conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
Teffington (d. 1 May, 1998) was a wizard who served as a wizard guard of Gringotts Wizarding Bank in 1998 during the Death Eaters' reign over the wizarding world. He distrusted Hermione Granger (disguised as Bellatrix Lestrange) and Ronald Weasley (disguised as Dragomir Despard), as Griphook said, they knew Hermione was an imposter. He was standing in the entrance and stepped forward when Bellatrix denied to give her wand to Bogrod.
Behind the scenes
- He is played by Anthony Allgood in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2. He is unnamed in the film, but Bogrod refers to him as Teffington in the original screenplay.
- He may be Marius's fellow guard, who was standing watch at the doors in the novel.
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Possible appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (video game)
Notes and references
- Given that Teffington was allowed to work on the Gringotts Wizarding Bank during the reign of the Death Eaters over the wizarding world, it's likely that he was a Pure-blood, as the Death Eaters would haven't likely allowed Half-blood wizards as they were associated with Muggles. However, several Half-bloods, like Dolores Umbridge, worked with the Death Eaters, thus giving the possibility that Teffington was allowed to keep his job too.
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 screenplay by Steve Kloves