|"Is this all real? Or has this been happening inside my head?"
The topic of this article is of a real-life subject that has been mentioned "in-universe" in a canon source. The Harry Potter Wiki is written from the perspective that all information presented in canon is true (e.g., Hogwarts really exists), and, as such, details contained in this article may differ from real world facts.
A telephone box, also known as a telephone booth, is a small enclosure containing a public telephone.
Frank Bryce had intended on using a telephone booth in Little Hangleton to phone the local police upon overhearing Voldemort's plans to murder Harry Potter in August of 1994, but he was discovered by Nagini before he could leave the Riddle House.
Behind the scenes
- A telephone box is more commonly known as a "telephone booth" in the United States of America and in some parts of Canada.
- The British Ministry of Magic Headquarters uses a phone box as its visitor's entrance. The booth transports visitors from ground level to the Atrium on floor B8. To activate the entrance, one dials 62442 (spelling "magic") on the telephone.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (First mentioned)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (PS1 version only)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (video game)
- Lego Harry Potter: Years 5-7
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child (play)
- Harry Potter Trading Card Game