He was the Slytherin Quidditch team Seeker during the 1991–1992 season and in the first game of the year, raced Harry Potter for the Golden Snitch. Like Adrian Pucey, he appeared to be one of the more decent Slytherin players, as he seemed to play by the rules of Quidditch and did not resort to cheating.
Behind the scenes
- Terence Higgs was portrayed by British actor Scot Fearn.
- In the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone Terence Higgs used the cobbing foul against Harry Potter, although he could have done it simply in retaliation, since Harry cobbed him first. It is unclear if this was the case, as Terence ended up cobbing Harry four times as opposed to twice.
Terentius was a Roman family name. It may mean "tender" or "gracious". Higgs is variation of Hicks, from old English Hicke, a nickname for the Norman French name Richard. The early English substituted an "H" because they had trouble saying the letter "R".
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game)
- Harry Potter Trading Card Game
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- Harry Potter for Kinect
Notes and references