- "Harry saw it. In a great rush of excitement he dived downward after the streak of gold. Slytherin Seeker Terence Higgs had seen it, too. Neck and neck they hurtled toward the Snitch — all the Chasers seemed to have forgotten what they were supposed to be doing as they hung in midair to watch."
- — Terrence playing Quidditch against Harry Potter in 1991[src]
He was the Slytherin Quidditch team Seeker during the 1991–1992 season and in the first game of the year, raced Harry Potter for the Golden Snitch. Like Adrian Pucey, he appeared to be one of the more decent Slytherin players, as he seemed to play by the rules of Quidditch and did not resort to cheating.
Magical abilities and skills
- Flying: As the Seeker for the Slytherin Quidditch team, Higgs was evidently a talented broomstick flyer and Quidditch player, as he was deemed good enough to be Seeker for the team.
Behind the scenes
- Terence Higgs was portrayed by British actor Will Theakston, with the credits incorrectly stating he was played by Scot Fearn. Fearn's name was also misspelled as Fern.
- In the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone Terence Higgs used the cobbing foul against Harry Potter, although he could have done it simply in retaliation, since Harry cobbed him first. It is unclear if this was the case, as Terence ended up cobbing Harry four times as opposed to twice.
Terentius was a Roman family name. It may mean "tender" or "gracious". Higgs is variation of Hicks, from old English Hicke, a nickname for the Norman French name Richard. The early English substituted an "H" because they had trouble saying the letter "R".
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game)
- Wizarding World
- Harry Potter Trading Card Game
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- Harry Potter for Kinect
Notes and references
- "World Exclusive Interview with J K Rowling," South West News Service, 8 July 2000 - "Hogwarts just serves Britain and Ireland."
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chapter 11 (Quidditch)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Chapter 7 (Mudbloods And Murmurs)