The Essential Defence Against the Dark Arts, also known simply as Defence Against the Dark Arts is a book on fighting the dark arts, written by Arsenius Jigger sometime before 1993. It is published by Luca Books
This book had information on various dark creatures, such as:
Behind the scenes
- It is believed by some (though not proven), due to the similarities in text, that the page on werewolves seen in the films is copied from a website.
- There are at least two different versions of the prop for this book. The version sold by MinaLima Design has the text on the cover composed of random letters, while the one showcased at Harry Potter: The Exhibition (seen at the top of this page) has the letters form various words related to the series.
- This book was not listed on the third year supplies list. It is possible that it was handed out by Professor Lupin at the start of the year, similar to what Professor Trelawney did with The Dream Oracle two years later.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Not by name)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film)
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film)
- ↑ This was the first year the book was seen
- ↑ Harry Potter Limited Edition
- ↑ These are the creatures Lupin teaches the class about, and this is the assigned textbook for the class, and hence he probably gathered some information on the Dark creatures from the book