- "The third instalment of the indispensable guide to your basic magical needs."
- Disarming Charm
- Draconifors Spell
- Freezing Spell
- Lapifors Spell
- Lumos Duo Charm
- Mending Charm
- Seize and Pull Charm
- Snufflifors Spell
Behind the scenes
- This is the first book in The Standard Book of Spells series whose contents will not be viewable on Pottermore.
- In the video game, the Knockback Jinx is included in this book. Pottermore, however, states that The Standard Book of Spells does not cover Dark charms.
- Also included in the game version of this book is the Patronus Charm, but Professor Lupin states that the Patronus is a spell far beyond the capabilities of even a fifth year, and is not even included in the N.E.W.T. curriculum.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (Mentioned on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (First appearance)
Notes and references
|Grade 1 · Grade 2 · Grade 3 · Grade 4 · Grade 5 · Grade 6 · Grade 7|
|Charms included in the series: Fire-Making Spell · Levitation Charm · Locking Spell · Mending Charm · Softening Charm · Severing Charm · Unlocking Charm · Dancing Feet Spell · Disarming Charm · Engorgement Charm · Freezing Charm · General Counter-Spell · Memory Charm · Tickling Charm · Summoning Charm · Banishing Charm · Substantive Charm|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.