- Severus Snape: "Now… you are, I believe, complete novices in the use of nonverbal spells. What is the advantage of a nonverbal spell? Very well — Miss Granger?"
- Hermione Granger: "Your adversary has no warning about what kind of magic you're about to perform which gives you a split-second advantage."
- Severus Snape: "An answer copied almost word for word from The Standard Book of Spells, Grade Six, but correct in essentials."
- — Severus Snape and Hermione Granger during the sixth-years' first Defence Against the Dark Arts of the 1996-1997 school year.[src]
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (Mentioned on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (First mentioned)
- Pottermore (First appearance)
Notes and references
|Grade 1 · Grade 2 · Grade 3 · Grade 4 · Grade 5 · Grade 6 · Grade 7|
|Charms included in the series: Banishing Charm · Dancing Feet Spell · Disarming Charm · Engorgement Charm · Fire-Making Spell · Freezing Charm · General Counter-Spell · Levitation Charm · Locking Spell · Memory Charm · Mending Charm · Severing Charm · Softening Charm · Substantive Charm · Summoning Charm · Tickling Charm · Unlocking Charm · Wand-Lighting Charm|
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.