|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is a conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
There exists an explosive spell (incantation unknown). To use it, the user concentrated a slew of a dark force and unleashed it in the form of a torrent. When deflected, it can be concentrated into a cataclysmic powerful blast.
Behind the scenes
- This spell was used in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film), where Voldemort used it against Dumbledore, who deflected it, whereupon Voldemort concentrated the beam into a cataclysmic powerful blast that shattered every glass on the Ministry Atrium and even overwhelmed the defensive spell that Dumbledore used to hold it at bay, although it proved able to negate much of the force of the attack, leaving Dumbledore and bystander Harry Potter unharmed and only briefly knocked down.
- In Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2, Voldemort used this curse twice during the Battle of Hogwarts in far more minor exertions. He first used it to incapacitate Harry. He narrowly deflected the surge, but it ricocheted off his wand and into the bridge above the Quad battlements, making him fall several feet to the ground below. After several moments of duelling, Voldemort used the spell a second time to throw Harry backward, cornering him hundreds of feet above the ground.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film) (First appearance) (Non-canonical appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Non-canonical appearance)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7