The spell has two components, appare, a Latin word in the imperative form (present active, second-person, singular) meaning "you appear (now)", a conjugation of the verb appareo ("I appear, or come into sight"), and vestigium, Latin for "footprint or track", or in a broader sense, any form of "trace, vestige or mark". Together, the incantation Appare Vestigium can be interpreted as a command, "footprints, traces, you appear now".
Behind the scenes
- This spell, or a variation of it, might be used in the creation and/or maintenance of the MACUSA Real-Time Hex Indicator map.
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - The Original Screenplay (First appearance)
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald
Notes and references
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - The Original Screenplay
- Fantastic Beasts: A Cinematic Yearbook, page 57
- https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f9/Wiktionary_small.svg/18px-Wiktionary_small.svg.png appareo on Wiktionary
- https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f9/Wiktionary_small.svg/18px-Wiktionary_small.svg.png vestigium on Wiktionary