At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Magic Awakened. As such, spoilers will be present within the article.
|"Is this all real? Or has this been happening inside my head?"
The topic of this article is of a real-life subject that has been mentioned "in-universe" in a canon source. The Harry Potter Wiki is written from the perspective that all information presented in canon is true (e.g., Hogwarts really existed), and, as such, details contained in this article may differ from real world facts.
In 1927, Newton Scamander and Albus Dumbledore Apparated here to discuss Newt's recent meeting with the British Ministry of Magic regarding his recent trip to New York at Albus' behest. Albus then discussed how in his family there was a story that a Phoenix would come to any Dumbledore in desperate need, and that his great-great-grandfather had a phoenix and once he passed on, the phoenix took flight to never return again. They Disapparated out of the square after Stebbins, an Auror, chased after them.
During the 2008–2009 school year, the statues in the square apparently came to life and danced a jig; necessitating memory charms be performed on over 400 Muggles. The Daily Prophet blamed the incident on notorious anti-secrecy activist group N.O.T.M.E., though the group did not claim credit.
Behind the scenes
- The cast and crew of Harry Potter films series and guests attended the world premiere of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 held in Trafalgar Square on 7 July, 2011.
- The reference to statues coming to life may be a reference to the legend that the lion statues of Nelson's Column will come to life if Big Ben chimes 13 times.
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film) (First appearance)
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - The Original Screenplay
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald
- The Archive of Magic: The Film Wizardry of Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald
- Harry Potter: Magic Awakened (Mentioned only)