- "The Magazine that Changes Lives."
- —The magazine's slogan.[src]
Transfiguration Today was a scholarly journal focusing on the latest news on developments in the field of Transfiguration. It published articles as well as papers submitted by prominent and knowledgeable figures in the subject.
The magazine was also known for awarding the Transfiguration Today Most Promising Newcomer award to accomplished Hogwarts School students who extraordinarily excelled in Transfiguration.
- "Transfiguration Today is a learned publication filled with papers by eminent witches and wizards. Professor Minerva McGonagall once won the Transfiguration Today Most Promising Newcomer award."
In the summer of 1993, during Harry Potter's stay at the Leaky Cauldron in London, he noticed some venerable-looking wizards arguing over the latest article in Transfiguration Today over breakfast.
In her student years, in the 1950s, Minerva McGonagall was awarded with the Transfiguration Today Most Promising Newcomer award. In her adult years, McGonagall became Transfiguration teacher at Hogwarts School, and in her spare time she made the scientifical revision of the articles in the magazine.
- W.O.M.B.A.T. Wades Into Animagus Form Debate
- I.C.W discuss Gamp's Law
- Falco Aesalon fossil dormant a thousand years
- Transfigures into Tabby Cat - Experts Baffled
- A Fiend Indeed a fiend - Impede!
- Hypertrichosis - How to deal with unwanted side-effects of sustained Transfiguration
- Untransfiguration - The Perils! It can go seriously wrong! Learn the rules
- Animagus Transformation v Classical Transfiguration the debate races on
- Transformation Nation!
- Ilvermorny Scholars' Vanishment Report
- Lycanthropy v. Werewolfry: Arsenius Jigger explains which locution better describes the werewolves
- The Scientific Aspects of Human Transfiguration by Emeric Switch
- How to Identify Unregistered and Unlawful Animagi
- The Pros and Cons of Epoximising
- Is Vanishing Without a Trace Possible? My view on Metamorphmagus by new contributor Albus Dumbledore
- Chrysopeia Combo: Wizard magics herself into golden eagle
- Transdanubia: What myths from old Hungary can teach us about tranfiguration today
- Gnostic Runes Revealed
- Gauging Wand Power:When to wave and when to behave
- Animalcules: The truth about preformationism
- Teachings from Tibet: The Tibetan Oracles open up to TT
- What is Merging?
- Hermetic Howlers
- Changeling Gaffs
- Awkward Transformation
- Michigan Dogman Exposed!
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- Daily Prophet Newsletters
- Pottermore (Mentioned only)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (film)
- The Case of Beasts: Explore the Film Wizardry of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
Notes and references
- ↑ Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (film) (see this image)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Chapter 2 (In Memoriam)
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Chapter 4 (The Leaky Cauldron)
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Chapter 18 (The Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore)
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Writing by J.K. Rowling: "Professor McGonagall" at Pottermore
- ↑ Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (film) - (see this image)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Chapter 33 (The Prince's Tale)
- ↑ Writing by J.K. Rowling: "Professor McGonagall" at Pottermore(see this image)
- ↑ Daily Prophet Newsletters