- "Another instalment of adventure from Gilderoy Lockhart."
Travels with Trolls was a book written by Gilderoy Lockhart, one of his collected works. The book was a required textbook during the 1992–1993 school year, one of seven along with Break with a Banshee, Gadding with Ghouls, Holidays with Hags, Voyages with Vampires, Wanderings with Werewolves and Year with the Yeti.
This book presumably concerned Lockhart's supposed experiences with trolls, though Lockhart was later revealed to be a fraud and this book actually concerned other wizards who had their memory modified by Lockhart.
In 1997, Hermione considered this book as she was sorting supplies for their mission to find Voldemort's Horcruxes. It was one of the books she decided not to bring, as she considered it worthless in regards to the task the trio were about to undertake.
Which Wizard gave the book a positive review, describing it as a "A spellbindingly good read," and Spella Weekly declared it to be "Absolute Warlocks!" Both quotes were featured on the back of the book's dust jacket.
Behind the scenes
- In the Danish dub of the Disc 2 of the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, this book's title was mistranslated as Danser med Den Hvide Dame, which means Dancing with the Wailing Widow.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- The Art of Harry Potter Mini Book of Graphic Design
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter: Puzzles & Spells (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 5, Side Quest "Festival Fun"
- Harry Potter Limited Edition - A Guide to the Graphic Arts Department: Posters, Prints, and Publications from the Harry Potter Films (see this image)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Chapter 4 (At Flourish and Blotts)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Chapter 16 (The Chamber of Secrets)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Chapter 6 (The Ghoul in Pyjamas)