|"Is this all real? Or has this been happening inside my head?"
The topic of this article is of a real-life subject that has been mentioned "in-universe" in a canon source. The Harry Potter Wiki is written from the perspective that all information presented in canon is true (e.g., Hogwarts really existed), and, as such, details contained in this article may differ from real world facts.
- Ronald Weasley: "Oh c'mon, 'Er-my-knee'. Oops — sorry, 'Arry — You won't get the Hogwarts house-elves sick leave by starving yourself!"
- Hermione Granger: "Slave labour. That's what made this dinner. Slave labour."
- Ronald Weasley: "Treacle tart, Hermione! Spotted dick, look! Chocolate gateau!"
- — Ronald Weasley trying to persuade Hermione Granger to eat.[src]
Treacle tart is a traditional English dessert, made predominately of shortcrust pastry and golden syrup. The tart is normally served hot with a dollop of clotted cream. It can also be served with ordinary cream, custard, or yoghourt. Treacle tart can also be served cold. It is a favourite dessert in the wizarding world, and also a personal favourite of Harry Potter, who likes it so much that he smelt it when he was in the presence of Amortentia.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- Harry Potter: Puzzles & Spells
- Harry Potter: Wizards Unite (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chapter 7 (The Sorting Hat)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Chapter 12 (The Triwizard Tournament)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Chapter 8 (Snape Victorious)
- Treacle tart on Wikipedia
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Chapter 11 (The Sorting Hat's New Song)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Chapter 9 (The Half-Blood Prince)