Trelawney is the surname of a wizarding family. They have Muggle as well as magical heritage. There is known Seer heritage in the Trelawney family.
Known family members
- Cassandra Trelawney — a famous Seer
- Sybill Trelawney — Cassandra's great-great-granddaughter; Divination professor at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
- Mr Trelawney — great-grandson of Cassandra and father of Sybill
- Mrs Trelawney — Muggle wife of Mr Trelawney and mother of Sybill
Behind the scenes
- Unless Sybill's mother, grandmother, great-grandmother, or Cassandra herself were single mothers or otherwise did not take their husband's name, it is likely that Cassandra Trelawney had a son (Sybill's great-grandfather), who had a son of his own (Sybill's grandfather), who had Sybill's father, in order to account for Sybill to have her great-great-grandmother's surname. Thus, it is also likely that Trelawney was Cassandra's married name.
- According to houseofnames.com, the Trelawney family originated in Cornwall.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.