|"Is this all real? Or has this been happening inside my head?"
The topic of this article is of a real-life subject that has been mentioned "in-universe" in a canon source. The Harry Potter Wiki is written from the perspective that all information presented in canon is true (e.g., Hogwarts really existed), and, as such, details contained in this article may differ from real world facts.
- "When everyone had eaten as much as they could, the remains of the food faded from the plates, leaving them sparkling clean as before. A moment later the desserts appeared. Blocks of ice cream in every flavour you could think of, apple pies, treacle tarts, chocolate eclairs and jam doughnuts, trifle, strawberries, jelly, rice pudding..."
- — Description.[src]
Trifle was also served in Christmas in 1992. Harry Potter and Ronald Weasley waited for Vincent Crabbe and Gregory Goyle in the Great Hall while they were shovelling down four helpings of trifle before Harry and Ron gave them two plump chocolate cakes with Sleeping Draught in order to take a piece of hair from Crabbe and Goyle for their operation of making the Polyjuice Potion. Harry and Ron themselves ate trifle at the feast at the end of the year, getting knocked face-first into their plates of it when Rubeus Hagrid cuffed them on the shoulders.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (film) (Mentioned in a newspaper)
- Wizarding World
Notes and references
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chapter 7 (The Sorting Hat)
- Trifle on Wikipedia
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (film) (see this image)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Chapter 12 (The Polyjuice Potion)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Chapter 18 (Dobby's Reward)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Chapter 23 (Christmas on the Closed Ward)