- " [Harry] bent down and pulled his wand out of the troll's nose. It was covered in what looked like lumpy grey glue."
Troll bogeys is a term used to describe the nasal mucus of a troll. Those of the mountain troll are described as grey and the consistency of lumpy glue. When Harry Potter accidentally stuck his wand up the nose of the troll that Quirinus Quirrell let into the school on 31 October, 1991, it became covered in this substance, a fact that he and Ronald Weasley reacted to in disgust.
Troll bogeys are also believed, at least by some members of Ravenclaw House, to possibly have certain magical uses.
There exist troll bogey flavoured Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans of the colour green.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (Mentioned only) (PS1 version)
- Harry Potter Trading Card Game
- Harry Potter for Kinect