|"Is this all real? Or has this been happening inside my head?"
The topic of this article is of a real-life subject that has been mentioned "in-universe" in a canon source. The Harry Potter Wiki is written from the perspective that all information presented in canon is true (e.g., Hogwarts really existed), and, as such, details contained in this article may differ from real world facts.
Turkey is a country in southeastern Europe and western Asia that stretches across the Anatolian peninsula and Thrace in the Balkan region. Its capital city is Ankara and it shares borders with Greece, Bulgaria, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, also some countries in the Middle East like Syria, Iraq, and Iran.
While the country's National Quidditch team wasn't known to have qualified for the 1994 Quidditch World Cup, at the finals, a Turkish flag, presumably showcasing the support from the country, was seen during the chaos caused by the reappearance of the Dark Mark.
Magical games and sports
Behind the scenes
- Tulip Karasu was likely of Turkish descendant as the flower of her name tulip (lâle) is native to Turkey and her surname means "dark water" in Turkish language.
- Tolga Safer, an actor who is of Turkish origin, portrayed Igor Karkaroff's aide in the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (First mentioned)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film) (Flag of country seen)
- LeakyCon 2013 (Mentioned only)