|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is a conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
- Harry Potter: "Did you know my mother too? Lily?"
- Portrait: "Lily... Lily Evans? Pretty girl? Long dark red hair? Ah yes, always arguing with your father, telling him off when he got out of hand. About the only person who could keep him in line. You've got her eyes, I'd say."
- — Harry speaks to the portait[src]
A portrait of this wizard hung in Gryffindor Tower. He seemed to spend most of his time sleeping, although he was willing to speak to students if they woke him up. In 1994 when Harry Potter opened his golden egg he was terrified and was seen holding his hands over his ears. In 1995, the Golden Snitch from the Quidditch Player's portrait on the opposite wall made its way into the background of his picture, much to the Seeker's annoyance. He seemed to have known James and Lily Potter when they were at Hogwarts, as he spoke of their personalities and behaviour, and remarked on their son Harry's similarities in appearance.
Behind the scenes
- In the video game adaptation of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, he was credited as GCR Portrait Male 2, and was voiced by Tony Dudson. His portrait also appears in the Gryffindor Common Room in the video game adaptation of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, but does not speak.
- This portrait seems to have been based on a 1881 portrait of Charles Darwin, by John Collier.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game)
- The Queen's Handbag
Notes and references
- He says in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game) that the last time he has been insulted was in 1847
- "World Exclusive Interview with J K Rowling," South West News Service, 8 July 2000 - "Hogwarts just serves Britain and Ireland."
- The Making of Harry Potter (see this image)