|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is a conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
Sometime after his graduation, he returned to Hogwarts and became the Head of Gryffindor House. He had a portrait of himself hung in his house's common room, depicting him wearing a navy-blue coat and standing against a red background, with the Hogwarts crest printed beside his head. He had, unfortunately, died by 1991.
The wizard's portrait remained, and in 1994, he was terrified by Harry Potter opening his wailing gold egg, holding his hands over his ears in agony. The next year, he wondered what Godric Gryffindor would say if he were still alive, perhaps indicating a dislike for that generation.
This wizard was tall and had a serious face; it was quite tan. He had dark, narrow eyes similar to Phineas Nigellus Black's, and a long black beard with matching hair, both having silver streaks in them.
Personality and traits
He was, if his house indicated his personality, a brave man, who was very loyal, nervous, and chivalrous. He had plenty courage and daring, and obviously was deemed to be worth following, given his appointment as Head of House. However, he was also slightly snide and critical, telling sarcastic jokes about the Fat Lady, even though she did not like this and asked him not to.
Behind the scenes
- In the video game adaptation of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, he was credited as GCR Portrait Male 3, and was voiced by Jonathan Kydd. His portrait also appears in the Gryffindor Common Room in the video game adaptation of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, but does not speak.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film) (First appearance) (Appears in portrait(s))
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film) (Appears in portrait(s))
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film) (Appears in deleted scene(s)) (Appears in portrait(s))
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film) (Appears in portrait(s))
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film) (Appears in portrait(s))
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game) (Appears in portrait(s))
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film) (Appears in portrait(s))
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game) (Appears in portrait(s))
- The Queen's Handbag (Appears in portrait(s))
Notes and references
- "World Exclusive Interview with J K Rowling," South West News Service, 8 July 2000 - "Hogwarts just serves Britain and Ireland."
- The Making of Harry Potter (see this image)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (video game)