|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is a conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
Education at Hogwarts
In 1994, Hogwarts held the Triwizard Tournament. Her twin sister supported Cedric Diggory in the Tournament and wore a Potter Stinks badge. She shared Defence Against the Dark Arts with students from the other houses this year and was taught by Professor Alastor Moody, who was actually escaped Death Eater Barty Crouch Jnr in disguise via Polyjuice Potion. At the end of the year, Cedric Diggory was murdered under Lord Voldemort's orders and Hogwarts held a Memorial Feast at which Headmaster Dumbledore announced Voldemort's return.
In 1995, Dolores Umbridge was appointed as Hogwarts High Inquisitor and Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher, so that the Ministry of Magic could watch over Albus Dumbledore after he and Harry Potter claimed Lord Voldemort had returned. Umbridge refused to teach students any form of practical defence, and, given the circumstances, Hermione Granger felt that the student body needed a teacher who would, so then an alliance called Dumbledore's Army was formed. The Gryffindor girl's twin joined the D.A., and following in her sister's footsteps, she did so as well.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film)
Notes and references
- ↑ For her twin sister's appearance in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire she appears in the same teaching lessons as Harry Potter, and she must be his age, so she was sorted in 1991 just like he was and then was born in either 1979 or 1980.
- ↑ "World Exclusive Interview with J K Rowling," South West News Service, 8 July 2000 - "Hogwarts just serves Britain and Ireland."
- ↑ Siobhan Ellen Williams is the actress who plays this character in both the films Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire and Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, but she also plays another character who is a Gryffindor student in Order of the Phoenix. Since both her Hufflepuff and Gryffindor characters appear in the same film, it should be assumed that they are twin sisters as both are played by the same actress yet contradict with their houses in the SAME film. Just like Padma and Parvati Patil are identical twin sisters but in different houses, they are too. It is probably a costume/casting error, but since it has been noted it should be explained.
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film)