|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is a conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
In Harry Potter's first year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, he was guarding a secret room in the upper castle's Portrait Room, concealing an advanced form of the Knockback Jinx. The password was "Wolf's Bane".
A year later, his portrait had been moved, and now guarded the way to the Slytherin Duelling Dungeon. Another identical portrait was also created that guarded a hot-air well-lifting room inside an area behind a bookcase in the Knights' Room. He was kept with company by the Hufflepuff lady.
Behind the scenes
- This wizard may have passed away sometime prior to 1991 as many portraits hung at Hogwarts Castle depict deceased individuals.
- His attitude against Harry Potter was good when he spoke to him in the two secret rooms behind the bookcases and bad when it was guarding the Slytherin Duelling Dungeon.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (First appearance) (Appears in portrait(s)) (PS1 version)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (Appears in portrait(s)) (PS1 version)
Notes and references
- "World Exclusive Interview with J K Rowling," South West News Service, 8 July 2000 - "Hogwarts just serves Britain and Ireland."
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) - PS1 version
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) - PS1 version