|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is a conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
This wizard taught Muggle Studies at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry at least in the 1992–1993 school year. In 1992, he had gained a student assistant to assist him and manage the classroom while he was absent.
When Harry Potter was given a torch by a Muggle student, he brought it to the professor's classroom, thinking it might be the right place for it. Instead of the teacher, he met his assistant and the torch was included in the artefact collection. He left at some point before the 1996–1997 school year, and was possibly replaced by Professor Charity Burbage.
Behind the scenes
- It is possible that this individual was Arif Sikander, but it is unknown if either this individual or Sikander also taught in the 1991–1992 school year.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (First mentioned) (GBC version)
Notes and references
- "World Exclusive Interview with J K Rowling," South West News Service, 8 July 2000 - "Hogwarts just serves Britain and Ireland."
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) - (GBC version)
- "Harry refers to the teacher as a "he", so Burbage could not have been teaching during 1992, so she presumably began teaching in the 1993–1994 school year.
|Professors: Quirinus Quirrell · Arif Sikander · Unidentified male professor · Charity Burbage · Alecto Carrow|
|Classrooms: Muggle Studies Classroom · Muggle Studies showroom · Fifth Floor classroom|
|Textbooks: Cooking the Muggle Way · Home Life and Social Habits of British Muggles · Moronic Muggles · Muggles Who Notice · My Life as a Muggle · The Philosophy of the Mundane: Why the Muggles Prefer Not to Know · When Muggles Attack|
|Subjects: Rotary phone|