|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is a conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
- Arthur Weasley: "But that fellow over there. Bitten by a werewolf, poor chap. No cure at all."
- Molly Weasley: "A werewolf? Is he safe in a public ward? Shouldn’t he be in a private room?"
- Arthur Weasley: "It’s two weeks till full moon, they’ve been talking to him this morning, the Healers, you know, trying to persuade him he’ll be able to lead an almost normal life. I said to him — didn’t mention names, of course — but I said I knew a werewolf personally, very nice man, who finds the condition quite easy to manage...."
- George Weasley: "What did he say?"
- Arthur Weasley: "Said he’d give me another bite if I didn’t shut up."
- — Arthur, Molly and George Weasley talking about this werewolf in St Mungos[src]
He was admitted to St Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries, in the "Dangerous" Dai Llewellyn Ward. Arthur Weasley was also a patient in St Mungo's at the time, having narrowly survived an attack by Voldemort's snake, Nagini. Arthur's wife Molly was concerned about a werewolf being in a public ward, but Arthur reminded her during their visit that the full moon was still two weeks away at the time. The Healers at St Mungo's spoke with the man, trying to persuade him that he would be able to live an almost normal life. For his part, Arthur spoke with the man and told him that he personally knew a werewolf who was a very decent individual and that they found the condition quite easy to manage. The man apparently grew annoyed with Arthur and angrily told him he would give him another bite if he did not shut up.
When Harry, Hermione, the Weasleys, and a few members of the Order visited Arthur again on Christmas, fellow werewolf Remus Lupin strolled over to the individual and spoke to him for a while, most likely to explain to him and/or console him over his new condition.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (First appearance)
Notes and references
|St Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries|
|Founder Mungo Bonham|
|St Mungo's Admissions Department · Poisoning Department · Janus Thickey Ward · "Dangerous" Dai Llewellyn Ward for Serious Bites · Purge and Dowse, Ltd|
|Positions||Healer · Mediwizard · Trainee Healer · Welcome Witch · Entrance dummy|
|Healers||Omar Abasi · Dilys Derwent · Lancelot · Rutherford Poke · Augustus Pye · Hippocrates Smethwyck · Helbert Spleen · Miriam Strout · Talbott Winger's mother|
|Katie Bell · Herbert Chorley · John Dawlish · Gordon Horton · Minerva McGonagall · Montgomery · Laura Thorn · Nymphadora Tonks · Arthur Weasley · Grubby-looking St Mungo's patient · Bitten St Mungo's patient · Winged St Mungo's patient · Unidentified St Mungo's patient · Unidentified werewolf|
|Long-term residents||Agnes · Alice Longbottom · Frank Longbottom · Gilderoy Lockhart · Broderick Bode (deceased)|