During the 1996–1997 school year, he was the Captain of the Slytherin Quidditch team. Urquhart was new to the squad and he had not held any position on the team before, so it seemed odd that he was made the Captain, playing as a Chaser. During the match against Gryffindor, Urquhart shook hands with Harry, 'crushing it'.
Behind the scenes
It is possible that this character is related to Elphinstone Urquart, a high-ranking official in the Department of Magical Law Enforcement and later a colleague and husband of Minerva McGonagall. His name may be a misspelling, so it is likely that there is some connection between this character and the aforementioned Elphinstone.
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film)
Notes and references
- He was most likely at least in his second year in 1996, as first years rarely joined the House Quidditch teams. Although as he was chosen as Captain, it is more likely he was older.
- "World Exclusive Interview with J K Rowling," South West News Service, 8 July 2000 - "Hogwarts just serves Britain and Ireland."
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Chapter 14 (Felix Felicis)