Hi! I'm Berfar, although I'm know as Héctor and Heko, too. I'm a editor user of Harry Potter Wiki in Spanish -where I've the greatest activity-, and I seek to collaborate and to do the wiki have the most quantity and quality of articles in Spanish about Harry Potter, specially in relationed with spell's themes, my area of greatest interest. Anyway, I don't mind in edit and make articles about themes needed - they also help me to practice my ability of translation English-Spanish and the write.
I'm a human being (I think) born in Chile, with great liking for activities about the reading and videogames, specially sci-fi, epic and japanese animation. The Harry Potter series came to me for first time when I was 10 - 11 years old, in 1999. My father came with a book called Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets when was edited by the Emece publishing house in Spanish, and I liked it immediately; then, I read Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone and Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire -in that order-, and I experienced the emotion of to wait the launch of the fifth book in Spanish. I think I fell by curious like most fans: I read before a not official translation online of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix in 15 hours, two days; but, I stand in line on the library for to give the oficial book, anyway. It was my first book, and I still miss it.
At this point the boom for the series worldwide arose massively. Over the internet, the stories of the fanfics and the supposed versions of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix already circulated everywhere, in an attempt of the fanatics of that time to alleviate the tension and the expectation of the new delivery. No one expected the encyclopedic size of the fifth book, and I think there would be few who could complain about it. I remember two supposed titles that the last two books would take, when Jo had not even decided them: Harry Potter and the Pillar of Storgé and Harry Potter and the Torch of the Green Flame. About the green flame it was said that it would serve to defeat Voldemort; the fanfics based on those titles did not wait. It was so much the pressure that Rowling herself had to deny with humor on her website about the veracity of these titles.
Time was passing, and emotion appeared for the premiere of the movies. Except for the seventh movie, I saw them all in the cinema: with fans friends, forcing a friend, alone -but feeling the emotion with the public-; and I got them all over time. Likewise, the last books were coming out, to which I went to buy with the same desire of my first book (and I ended up falling in reading the no-official translates on Internet before that the book was officially translated in Spanish).
Thanks to J. K. Rowling, I had a moment in my infance and adolescent that, to this day, keep it and next remember it in my heart. Now, with Fantastic Beasts saga, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, and Pottermore, we can live the same emotions that 20 years ago with the beginning of the saga.
- If I named a memorable achievement, I read in 15 hours almost exact in the pc -counting from day to day, including dawn- the no-official Spanish translate of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix that circulated in that then in Internet. There was still something more than six moths before its coming out.
- My greatest expression of leisure time was into Harry Potter forum in Spanish -HarryLatino.org-, and take part of the role play, make a character based on Harry Potter world, with a friend. Thinking in how would be my "me" in this world, Heko was borned. However, the character was distancing himself enough from how I had developed it initially; in part by the experiences on the forum, in part by the limitations cause the rules of characters of the game. Today, this character is keeped in the drawer of memories; time will tell if it will come out again.
- I dream someday to go to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. However, first I have to collect the money necessary for it.
- My favourite videogames of the saga are: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone for Game Boy Color, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets for Game Boy Color and Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban for Game Boy Advance. Casually, the same videogames for its portatil and PC versions are of my favourites, too. I feel that the others were losing its style of RPG and its quality over time.
My favorite articles
- Spell and and their derivatives:
- List of spells
- Any spell canon, specially from videogames.
- Other articles that, to name them, this list would never end.
Notes and References
- ↑ Later, I lent it to a friend, and even though it was only a few months ago that I saw him again - after years -, we still have not agreed to catch up (and also to see my book again).
- ↑ Personally, it was fantastic!! Hours and hours that would keep me busy reading the plot quietly until the publication of the next book.
- ↑ Almost 20 years now?? As time goes!
- ↑ Except Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince for PC, that I consider it a great success.