Welcome to my talk page! Please feel free to leave a message here. I will always try and keep my comments positive, but please forgive me if I ever fail to do so! :)
Userboxes - automatic adding category "Pure Blood Users" on Cubs Fan2007s talk page
I've read your question and I found out. It's the userbox Template:User nobelieve as you can see here. Harry granger Talk contribs 13:32, August 22, 2014 (UTC)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.
- "Nobody," said Harry simply. "There are no more Horcruxes. It's just you and me. Neither can live while the other survives, and one of us is about to leave for good...."
- — Harry Potter
These are the words spoken by Harry Potter during the final battle. Therefore, everyone knew about the Horcruxes, of the wizard who were in the castle of Hogwarts. Meaning categories "Individuals who knew about Horcruxes" — NO. They became known, and McGonagall and Flitwick and Mrs. Weasley, and many others.
This is Lord Voldemort (talk) 14:08, April 2, 2015 (UTC)
Done. I've blocked him for three months. If his behavior continues as is after that, I can block him longer. --Cubs Fan (Talk to me) 03:52, April 6, 2015 (UTC)
Game Boy Colo(u)r
Hi! First of all, thank you for your recent edits helping convert American spellings to the proper British ones. Many of them were very helpful. However, I'd just like to point out that the Game Boy Color was released under the American spelling in Great Britain (see, for instance, this page on the official European Pokémon website), so changing "color" to "colour" is, in that one instance only, inappropriate. Otherwise, keep up the good work! -- 1337star (Drop me a line!) 18:28, May 22, 2015 (UTC)
- Okay thanks! I just happened to notice that there were a lot of incorrect american spellings on this wiki, and I knew that this was a British series so I thought I'd change the spelling to British. I wasn't entirely sure about the changing of "color" to "colour", but yeah, I was trying to help. Once again, thanks for telling me! :) -- C.Syde (talk | contribs) 21:31, May 22, 2015 (UTC)
The infobox articles about magical creatures and plants used images from Pottermore. Lord Vóldemort 11:42, June 1, 2015 (UTC)
Harry Potter movies missing on ABC Family?
Hey since it is harry potter weekend on abc family right now and I am watching it, why isnt the 1st, 2nd, and 4th movie premiering anymore? It only shows the 3rd, 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th movie. Can you help me with why this is happening? HaloLegends86 (talk) 00:48, July 26, 2015 (UTC) HaloLegends86
Hi, Thanks for editing Petrova - some of the names on the list of male names seemed questionable but that was an obvious one. I am wondering if you could edit or delete Shaw family since I think I made a mess of it even though I tried my best. Trying to get like names together. Thanks again in advance. (Vaudree (talk) 04:00, December 11, 2015 (UTC))
I'm sorry to say that I was away, but the matter seems to have been taken care of by Starstuff. Cheers. -- Seth Cooper owl post! 19:41, February 18, 2016 (UTC)
- While I want to put this issue to rest and I don't want to comment on this any further, I am going to leave it at there's a reason you haven't been scolded. Cheers. -- Seth Cooper owl post! 11:18, February 23, 2016 (UTC)
I'm here to apologise for my actions the last time that I was on the wiki. I won't apologise for fighting for what I believe is right... but I will apologise for the way I went about it. However, I would appreciate it if, in future, once you've undone an edit of mine, you also post on my talk page to explain why. There's more room for detail there and edit wars can be avoided with us having a discussion over it. Can you do that? It'll save so much bother. Thanks. --HarryPotterRules1 (talk) 00:58, May 1, 2016 (UTC)
I just want to extract the content for pt Harry Potter wikiThiago752 (talk) 12:20, May 21, 2016 (UTC)
- I can't help you with that, I'm afraid. You're probably better off asking an administrator. ― C.Syde (talk | contribs) 23:37, May 21, 2016 (UTC)
The Chosen One prophecy
Hey! I just wanted to drop in to say why I edited the Chosen one Prophecy. You put on there that the prophecy was possibly made at the time of conception, near Halloween which would by 1979; since Harry was born in 1980. Sybill's phrophecy about the chosen one was made during her interview with Dumbledore which happened in 1980.
Skgryffindor (talk) 18:07, June 25, 2016 (UTC)skgryffindor
Yeah, no prob. Keep your eye on him, though; I heard through the grapevine that KillerBird is a sock of Jdogno7 trying to circumvent his ban. I'm inclined to agree, given his recent edit war (double check his edits) over "sex" and "gender". --Cubs Fan (Talk to me) 01:48, July 16, 2016 (UTC)
Just checking on your recent undos - Cursed Child is out so all that material is now part of canon, just needs spoiler warning at the top I believe. --Ironyak1 (talk) 05:44, July 31, 2016 (UTC)
So I recently added an application for Chat Moderator (I know, sounds weird, I explain it all in the application), and I was just wondering if you could go and have a look to see what you think about it,
Hope that you are well, and that you have a nice day,
ArrestoMomentum | talk 02:20, August 6, 2016 (UTC)
Hey man, thanks for the support! It means a lot to me.
Hope you have an awesome evening,
ArrestoMomentum | talk 09:50, August 6, 2016 (UTC)
Re: Heads up
Yeah, he's kind of on my radar, but I appreciate the warning. I mentioned this in a section above, but I heard through the grapevine that KB is a sock of Jdogno7. I reverted one of his edits on Delphini earlier and am doing my best to refrain from starting an edit war; I said my piece, and I'm gonna let someone else try (however fruitless) to reason with him. --Cubs Fan (Talk to me) 03:58, August 7, 2016 (UTC)
- Only thing that can be done is for User:Cubs Fan2007 to quit dawdling and block him indefinitely.
- Best, Unremarkable Editor (talk) 07:09, August 7, 2016 (UTC)
- I honestly have no idea what's going on here. It seems to me that Killerbird is actually right in that a redirect shouldn't be used. Yes, it's true that "Ginny" is how the character is normally referred to, and as such, I've changed it to link to Ginevra but piped it with Ginny. This also seems like a ridiculous thing to edit-war about - it's not like it's damaging the article or wrong, so why not just discuss it instead of continuously reverting it? ProfessorTofty (talk) 07:23, August 7, 2016 (UTC)
- I understand that sockpuppets can be frustrating and had I known more about the situation, i would have blocked him myself. However, I would suggest in the future that unless the edits are of a profane or off-color nature or have the potential to cause serious disruption, it may be better to just wait until an admin can sort them out. Something like editing "Ginny" to "Ginevra" can be easily reversed and really causes no ultimate harm seeing as the link still gets users to the correct page anyway. So edit-warring simply to correct it only creates a disruption in itself. ProfessorTofty (talk) 16:49, August 7, 2016 (UTC)
how do you put a photo in the thing because i just want to change the photo of snape i dont really like the current one. PAIGE ROX M8 (talk) 09:54, August 21, 2016 (UTC)
you do realise i wasnt putting info i was vandalising it for laughs right? can i at least vandalise just ONE page and have it stay that way —Preceding unsigned comment added by PAIGE ROX M8 (talk) 10:07, August 21 2016 (UTC) - Please sign your comments with ~~~~
RE:Burden of proof?
It works the other way around, though. We'd only add a certain piece of information to an article if there's a source to back it up. No apparent source is reason enough to remove something (especially something doubtful) from an article. This is because while it's difficult to prove that isn't supposed to be Marietta (it's impossible to prove that, really), we also have no reason to believe that is supposed to be her. The same could be said for any female student background character in every one of the films. -- Seth Cooper owl post! 01:45, September 12, 2016 (UTC)
Hey! Thanks, really appreciate it :) —Preceding unsigned comment added by CosmicChronos (talk) 11:56, November 12, 2016 (UTC) - Please sign your comments with ~~~~
Thank you! It was honestly a surprise to me as well, but their Discussions needs monitoring and they believed I could do it well, so why not?--Annabeth and Percy~They say you gotta take the good with the bad. I'll take it all as long as I have you. 16:15, November 12, 2016 (UTC)
This is getting tiresome. "Harry Potter Page to Screen: The Complete Filmmaking Journey" is an official source, a fan-run site is not. - 09:45, February 1, 2017 (UTC)
- Here's an interview with Richard Bremmer. - 09:50, February 1, 2017 (UTC)
- I'm sorry, but those links you have provided do not explicitly state that what you've said is correct. It just doesn't explicitly state that what you've said is incorrect. ― C.Syde (talk | contribs) 10:02, February 1, 2017 (UTC)
- Still waiting for you to provide your own sources... You think the producers "fought hard" to get Bremmer in the film for him to appear in barely five seconds of footage with no lines and his face completely hidden? - 10:13, February 1, 2017 (UTC)
- I need to cool down first, and I'm going to bed in less than an hour anyway. These constant reverts and attempts to state my reasoning has tiered me out. Also I don't think it really matters who the actor is. Any actor can be cast as any character in any costume. ― C.Syde (talk | contribs) 10:20, February 1, 2017 (UTC)
- You don't need to keep explaining your reasoning - you've done so, and I understand them. Now what you need to do is provide an official source that says you're correct, just like I've done. It's not good to engage in edit warring because you're "not convinced" by my sources - the Page to Screen book is as official as it gets. And yes it matters, because the articles are currently displaying false information... that's why we're discussing this. Throwing your hands up when you've been proving wrong and saying "who cares, they're just actors" is frankly petulant. - 10:42, February 1, 2017 (UTC)
I know that they are not acctually a romantic couple. My little sister Got into my account and did this I am sorry for the inconvenience
Solluxcaptor52 (talk) 19:52, February 2, 2017 (UTC)Sollux
- Pack it in - you're not interest in making sure the articles are accurate, you're solely interest in having the last word, and are reverting out of pure pettiness. What exactly about my sources (which includes photographic evidence!) do you find "not enough"? Where are your sources? Either provide a citation for your assertion, or knock it off. Any mature, reasonable person would have said "hey, guess I was wrong" by this point, instead of continuing this absurd edit-war. Any further reverts will be reported as vandalism. - 08:55, February 3, 2017 (UTC)
- You were the second user to revert the edits, after I reverted them first. Therefore you are primarily responsible for starting the edit war. An edit war can only start if one person undoes someone's edits, and they undo them back. I'm not going to say that I'm wrong, because there's still evidence that states that I am correct, and it does not explicitly state anywhere in those sources that you linked, that what you've said is correct. Check the Wikipedia pages, and check the cast in order of appearance during the credits for the first film. And check other sites on the internet. The information there will say that what I've said is correct. ― C.Syde (talk | contribs) 08:59, February 3, 2017 (UTC)
- The photograph I uploaded proves that Bremmer played Voldemort in the climax... which means that Hart didn't... what about this do you not understand? Wikipedia is not an official source. Provide a link to an official source, otherwise I'll continue to revert, and will report you for vandalism. In the meantime, why don't you go to Google and search for "Richard Bremmer as Voldemort". - 09:08, February 3, 2017 (UTC)
Re: Wiki thanks
Thank you very much! Keep up your good work too :D -- Kates39 (talk) 12:19, February 17, 2017 (UTC)
Hey, C. Syde
Are you colorblind? Myrtle's skin IS pale. I look at it. It's lighter than usual.
RE: Talk:Armando Dippet
It's not something I think it is a FACT. Disapprove however much you'd like, it makes little difference to me. You said it yourself, "the rules say that discussions may not be removed", but that is not a discussion. It is me yelling and ranting and whining, calling people names and being an overall asshole to people with whom I disagreed, and the "discussion" consist of x amount of posts of people telling me to calm down. And it is not something I'm exactly proud of. That is not a "discussion". Even if you choose to categorize it as such, or even if an Admin decides to categorize it as such, I won't back down on this one.
It does not add anything to the page nor is it something that will "inspire" visitors and/or future/present members to do this wikia justice when contribruting, I won't budge. That "discussion" serves no other purpose than making me look like an asshole, and to have it remain and discriminately continue to look like an asshole is completely unacceptable whatever justification you or anyone else might come up with. And whether or not you was a participant in that thing should be inconsequential. Unless the goal of having it up on display is for me to look bad, that is.
I recently inquired about Dippet's death in regard to the year of death being in 1992, which is ACTUALLY relevant to Dippet's page. Why not focus on that instead of wasting your time making an issue out of something that I won't back down on? Believe me, your time, not to mention your energy, would both be spent much more productively if you just let it go. Ninclow (talk) 15:05, April 4, 2017 (UTC)
- That was a retorical question... Sorry, should have made that more clear. And - It might not be there to make me look bad, but regardless of how you twist and turn it, that's all that section does. Ninclow (talk) 21:51, April 4, 2017 (UTC)
- I absolutely should. I posted something of which I wasn't very proud and wasn't benefitting the wikia in any way, written when I was having a bad day and letting my frustration out on the wrong people. True though it might be that the admins have the final say, if I had been denied removing it from "public view", so to speak, at least until those in charge reach a decision, I would have been personally offended. Ninclow (talk) 23:06, April 4, 2017 (UTC)
RE:Archiving your talk page
Thanks for the heads-up, I had been postponing that forever. Cheers. -- Seth Cooper owl post! 23:44, April 5, 2017 (UTC)
Order of Merlin
- Congratulations friend. Invisibility 06:03, July 12, 2017 (UTC)
- Thanks. Wow, I must have been so focused on editing, that I forgot about the Order of Merlin thing that users get when they have over 1,000 edits. ― C.Syde (talk | contribs) 06:05, July 12, 2017 (UTC)
--Cubs Fan (Talk to me) 01:52, September 13, 2017 (UTC)
- Thanks! :D ― C.Syde (talk | contribs) 02:05, September 13, 2017 (UTC)
Category doesn't exist?
Of course Category:Protective objects exists, I created it prior to your baseless removal from the pages I added to it. Ninclow (talk) 02:45, September 14, 2017 (UTC)
- When I checked to see if the category existed, there was a button that said "Create" which meant that it did not exist when I removed the said category from those articles. ― C.Syde (talk | contribs) 02:47, September 14, 2017 (UTC)
- Oh... Uhm... If it weren't "created", then why did all the pages list up on it? And if it wasn't created, why didn't you simply create the category, then? Ninclow (talk) 06:38, September 14, 2017 (UTC)
- Are you trying to tell me that the aminds on this wikia actually expects its contribrutors to send in a freakin' application for the creation of a category? Ninclow (talk) 06:51, September 14, 2017 (UTC)
We don't know for sure if that old Hag with what tray holding what looked like human finger nails in the second book wasn't Hestia Jones in diguise keeping an eye on Harry either. Come on, why don't we add that to the article if we're first going to add a bunch of speculative maybe's to the articles. Order members like Minerva and Dedalus kept an eye on Harry pre-Hogwarts, so why not? I mean... After all, Rowling never said that Hag wasn't Hestia Jones. Ninclow (talk) 23:59, October 14, 2017 (UTC)
Is my new edit okay? I did not actually mention the word but I said its definition.
Your Lord, Michael, The Lord Of Wikia - (documents) His Great Excellency - Any questions? 12:15, November 4, 2017 (UTC)
Thanks! It was quite unexpected :) Cheers --Ironyak1 (talk) 23:50, December 7, 2017 (UTC)
Nice to see you here.
Daryurian (The Mighty Turian) 15:31, July 12, 2018 (UTC)
You should go on the discord.
Daryurian (The Mighty Turian) 08:50, July 18, 2018 (UTC)
Are you sure?
Daryurian (The Mighty Turian) 09:27, July 18, 2018 (UTC)
- Oh please I am sure you don't.
Daryurian (The Mighty Turian) 09:35, July 18, 2018 (UTC)
Hi, well done for noticing a funny trivia fact about Lavender in the second film. Just curiously, what part of the film do you see her incorrectly wearing Hufflepuff colours? Kind regardsRedWizard98 (talk) 22:32, 25 February 2021 (UTC)
Ironyak1's talk page
Please don't change other people's messages, even if it's as minor as changing the style of apostrophes. This is not like wiki articles, people should be able to write their personal messages in different styles. Not to mention that I used different styles of apostrophes here on purpose to demonstrate an issue, if you change the curly apostrophe to the straight one, the meaning is lost. MalchonC (talk) 11:25, 3 September 2021 (UTC)
Re:Readding the Wiki's Favicon to the Wiki
Done. Thanks for pointing it out. -- Seth Cooper owl post! 22:01, 4 September 2021 (UTC)