Hello! Welcome to my talk page. Please leave all messages at the bottom, make sure your comments comply with the Talk page and User policies, and sign your username with four tildes (~~~~).
21:13, June 26, 2012 (UTC)
- 1 Quick chat?
- 2 Requests for permissions
- 3 Weekly Poll
- 4 Admin
- 5 Yaxley and other questions
- 6 Re: Adminship
- 7 Rowling's email
- 8 St Mungos
- 9 Serbia
- 10 Admin
- 11 Badges
- 12 David Decio
- 13 RE:Facebook as source
- 14 Suggestion
- 15 RE Suggestion
- 16 Dementor's Kiss Barty Crouch Jr.
- 17 Recent Changes and votings
- 18 Editing problem
- 19 Question to Rosmerta
- 20 Ignoring user
- 21 Recent message
- 22 RFP Organising Admin request
- 23 Request to open RFP vote
- 24 Lucius Malfoy
- 25 de2 links
- 26 Help
- 27 Minimal Activity
- 28 Message on Rodolphus's page
- 29 New category
- 30 Magical Theory
- 31 I found information on the Ravenclaw Girls' Dormitories page and can't find the source anywhere
- 32 Ravenclaw Dorms
- 33 Re: Ravenclaw Dorms
- 34 Re: Ravenclaw Dorms
- 35 Talk page policy violation
- 36 Admin voting
- 37 Response
- 38 BrenFlat
- 39 Question!!!!
Requests for permissions
Hello, how have you been? I thought I'd let you know that you have been nominated for administrator; you can have a look at your nomination here. Cheers, and best of luck! -- 22:52, May 20, 2020 (UTC)
- Perhaps they mean in Discussions? There they can make polls basically as often as they like and there are many people who would likely participate. Cheers --Ironyak1 (talk) 02:45, 6 June 2021 (UTC)
Per your successful nomination at HPW:RPF, I have just upped your user rights to Administrator. If you have any questions about what you're now able to do feel free to leave a message on my talk page. Congratulations, and keep up the good work! :) -- 00:07, June 1, 2020 (UTC)
- Not to worry, there's very little damage one can do that can't be undone! (You've been around long enough to know how the thing works!) -- 00:13, June 1, 2020 (UTC)
Yaxley and other questions
- Oh okay. Yeah cuz that's why they said they would be sending him to Azkaban at the end of the fourth film. Maxkelley10 (talk) 02:46, June 1, 2020 (UTC))
Hello there, with regards to the article "St Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries Known Patients", I think this should be deleted, as it is unnecessary; all this information is contained in great detail on the St Mungo's article itself. I see you recently have been appointed as an admin, so I thought I would ask you. Kind regards --RedWizard98 (talk) 16:25, June 1, 2020 (UTC)
Hi, regarding Serbia, do you know of the exact reference which states that Vampires specifically come from this country, and of any mentions the country has in canon? If could do this, that would be great, kind regards --RedWizard98 (talk) 19:50, June 1, 2020 (UTC)
I personally have a feeling it isn't notable, as I can't find any specific reference to it. If it fails to meet notability, the page will need deleting (along with the category "Serbia" itself). If you can find something, that would be wonderful though. --RedWizard98 (talk) 19:57, June 1, 2020 (UTC)
Yes, I can find no specific mention of the country Serbia in canon. The category "Actors from Serbia" should not have been added anyway, as it is a real world category. I would recommend deleting the Serbia article and category, as I'm sure it is fanon/not notable content. Kind regards --RedWizard98 (talk) 20:11, June 1, 2020 (UTC)
Excuse me sir can you ask the community central staff to give this wiki some badges?
Hi Admin, can you please help. As you can see by my recent edits I am trying to add a Fantastic Beasts credit for David Decio. I have added evidence from official blue tick sources and screen shots from the film. Can you please review my recent updates and post them as User: RedWizard98 keeps taking them down.
RE:Facebook as source
Since it's a verified Facebook profile (with the blue badge next to the name), I'd say it's probably safe to use; looking through the profile, it doesn't seem to be fake. --22:50, June 7, 2020 (UTC)
SorryPotterHermione 23:28, June 11, 2020 (UTC)potterhermione
Hello! Should we have a "Identification" category? Sort of gather all the "identity card" of employees at MACUSA and the Ministry of Magic, as well as all badges serving a similar purpose, be it the DMLE badge, prefet badge, head boy/girl badge in one place? Tfoc (talk) 15:22, June 14, 2020 (UTC)
Hey - if I understand the suggestion, it would be to create a new category branch for forms of identification, something like Category:Badges, but for IDs? I don't see why that couldn't be done although there might be very few actual identification cards like Porpentina Goldstein's MACUSA Identification Card and some question if a prefect badge is a form of ID as it doesn't say who you are just that you are a member of a group. I guess overall I'm still a bit unclear as to what exactly would belong in this category. Cheers --Ironyak1 (talk) 17:36, June 14, 2020 (UTC)
Dementor's Kiss Barty Crouch Jr.
- Yeah, okay so since there are no contradictions to the book about people's fates, he received the Dementor's Kiss in Azkaban then? Kmax12649 (talk) 19:25, July 2, 2020 (UTC))
Recent Changes and votings
Hello, because you are an admin of this wiki your thoughts on the recent changes taking place on the wiki will be really appreciated. I would like if you review this and cast your vote accordingly. I take it you are familiar with the other forum threads going on atm and might appreciate to hear thoughts from another admin. This is mainly because I don't want the wiki to be run entirely by a single admin with just a dozen of users behind her to actually vote and share their thoughts. Kind regards.
10:12, July 30, 2020 (UTC)
Hi, I'm new to the Harry Potter wiki and was wondering why i can't post or comment? I was trying to answer a daily riddle the other day but i was unable to. ShyLilShadow (talk) 22:30, August 3, 2020 (UTC)ShyLilShadow
Question to Rosmerta
(Dmkelley67 (talk) 22:05, August 8, 2020 (UTC)Draco Malfoy did not bewitch Madam Rosmerta in the film adaptation of Half-Blood Prince correct? Cuz Rosmerta was omitted from the film.Dmkelley67 (talk) 22:05, August 8, 2020 (UTC))
Harry granger, I would ignore this message as I am sure it is from a sock puppet of the banned account "Mkelley2764". I hope that helps, kind regards Harry. --RedWizard98 (talk) 22:13, August 8, 2020 (UTC)
Sock puppetry is often so obvious, usually because the sock puppets have such similar names. I know, it is beyond absurd, so I'm glad that I detected the fake account today. Kind regards --RedWizard98 (talk) 22:26, August 8, 2020 (UTC)
Thanks for your informative advice on archiving, I will definitely have a look into it. In the meantime, this article "Corona gits to HOGWARTS!!!" is vandalism and needs deleting, and the user who created it is a vandal called User:131073a who I would seriously consider blocking for some time period given their already shambolic editing record. Kind regards --RedWizard98 (talk) 00:03, August 9, 2020 (UTC)
RFP Organising Admin request
Hello there, I hope you're well.
Ironyak1 has indicated that I should ask another admin to be Organising Admin for the vote on my cmod RFP, and so I was wondering if you would be willing? Thanks - 12:06, October 12, 2020 (UTC)
- Understood, thank you! - 12:54, October 12, 2020 (UTC)
Request to open RFP vote
Can you consider opening a vote for me on the RFP page for content moderator? I would appreciate it. Thank you. MechQueste 17:34, October 15, 2020 (UTC)
- I would advise Harry granger that you fully read the discussion for this nomination before making a decision to hold a vote on this matter. Thanks --Ironyak1 (talk) 18:40, October 15, 2020 (UTC)
- Have you read the related discussion for this nomination? The intent is for the discussion phase to raise points to consider with the nomination so as to help make a decision as to a nominee's qualifications and potential concerns. Just wanted to make sure you reviewed this information and feel comfortable with the nominee before making a decision to open a vote. Cheers --Ironyak1 (talk) 18:59, October 15, 2020 (UTC)
- It makes sense to think it over. Rodolphus was just expressing some second thoughts on taking up the request to open a vote so I wanted to make sure you had fully considered the situation before deciding. If you do choose to open a vote, please be sure to review the updated Harry Potter Wiki:Voting policy and new Harry Potter Wiki:User Rights policy as to the requirements for the current process. Thanks --Ironyak1 (talk) 19:36, October 15, 2020 (UTC)
Yes please that would be nice. As for the comments above, I think it would be nice if the community had their chance and opportunity to speak out on it. MechQueste 19:26, October 15, 2020 (UTC) MechQueste 19:26, October 15, 2020 (UTC)
( Kmax12649 (talk) 20:28, October 18, 2020 (UTC) Hey did Lucius Malfoy decide to leave Harry Potter alone after the Battle of Hogwarts in the film Deathly Hallows Part 2, or just in the book? Kmax12649 (talk) 20:28, October 18, 2020 (UTC) )
Hey there. I don't know whether you're aware of this? As a result of it, interlanguage links with the prefix de2 no longer integrate with the list of other languages at the very bottom of pages, instead they appear just above the pages' category lists as plain links like this- 'de2:Harry Potter'. You probably already know, but I just thought I'd mention it, as you are of course a bureaucrat on the de2-linked german wiki. Cheers - 20:13, 8 November 2020 (UTC)
Greetings! In accordance with the Harry Potter Wiki:User Rights policy, there is a minimal level of activity expected for Bureaucrats, Administrators, and Content Moderators in order to maintain their extra rights. A minimal level of activity is considered to be 119 edits/posts and 29 uses of their extra rights over a 29 week period (7 months and 1 week). This averages out to be about 4 edits/posts and 1 use of the extra rights per week.
In the 22 weeks since the policy was adopted, you have about 34 edits and a handful of uses of your Administrator rights out of an expected 90 edits/posts and 22 uses of your extra rights. As such, if this average level of contributions continue then you may end up losing your extra rights if you do not reach the minimal totals required in the next couple months.
- Hello Harry G - I understand that when you became an admin there was the understanding that you would help out to whatever extent your time allowed - which personally, I am fine with, as every bit helps. However, since then the Community decided that there should be a minimum level of activity for all users with extra rights so I am just trying to be a good admin and follow up on that initiative established through community consensus. If you check Special:RecentChanges, you'll see that there are about 20 users that had to be contacted in regards to this change as well so it's not being targeted at any one in particular.
- If you're able to make it to the 119 edits & 29 Admin actions in the next couple months great! According the the policy, there should be an update sent out in another month or so. If you happen to not have the time, that's fine too - given your history, no doubt you'll keep making useful contributions with or without the admin rights and obligations. Hope this helps - let me know if there is any additional questions. Cheers --Ironyak1 (talk) 23:54, 8 March 2021 (UTC)
- Oh, if you're looking for things to work on, you might check Category:Candidates_for_renaming - there are many Files in there whose names need to be fixed. Tackling about 12 of these a week on average for the next couple months would help you meet both the Edit and Admin minimum activity levels at the 7 month check. I'll keep an eye out for other sets of items that could use some attention as well if that helps. Cheers --Ironyak1 (talk) 00:32, 9 March 2021 (UTC)
Message on Rodolphus's page
Hello Harry Granger, I hope you are doing well. I am unsure about the new category you created today, as it is currently empty with no articles inside it. What articles were you intending to add to it, as I myself am unsure if it is necessary or not, which can be discussed on a talk page. Kind regards RedWizard98 (talk) 15:40, 16 March 2021 (UTC)
Hi Harry, I should have mentioned I was talking about the Ollivanders category. If you're referring to the categories on "watercraft/boats", I would delete the category "Images of watercraft" since your category "Images of boats" suceeded it, making the aforementioned unnecessary (since all types of watercraft are boats). If you want to delete both categories I'm talking about here, go ahead. RedWizard98 (talk) 16:40, 16 March 2021 (UTC)
Hi, I'm sorry you are confused or irritated with what I was saying, as I probably should have been clearer the first time. I would think it best to delete the "Images of watercraft" category for the reasons stated above, but we don't have to delete the other one (Ollivanders), but it currently is empty and needs some articles placing into it, if it is stay. I would also rename it to "Ollivanders employees", since "Ollivanders Wand Shop" isn't the shop's actual name. Kind regards RedWizard98 (talk) 16:55, 16 March 2021 (UTC)
Can you lock the Magical Theory page? Just make sure it's my latest edit that's on if possible, we are mid-discussion and RedWizard98 keeps counterproductively adding all sorts of misleading tags prematurely. Tfoc (talk) 17:47, 16 March 2021 (UTC)
I apologize, I wasn't - or at least, I didn't mean to try - angeling for an admin's right fight, I merely wanted the thread locked because Red and I were engaged in a bit of an edit war just then, and I hoped you could stop it. We're done now, though, obviously. Tfoc (talk) 17:47, 18 March 2021 (UTC)
End well? A discussion? That I'm involved in? Are you new? :P :'D
Seriously, though, the edit war was about a notability tag and a merge tag I felt RedWizard98 kept adding prematurely since we are still talking about it. Rodolhpus told me they should be there for now, and I'm fine with that. I just dislike Red's tendency to mini-mod and try to dictate whether articles I write meets the "notability standards" recquired to merit a place on the wiki or not, a decision I think is for wiki staff to make, not random editors. I got a bit defensive, I admit that much, but overall, I'd say the arguments to merge or - as I knew was going to happen within the next couple of posts proceeding his initial suggestion to merge - RedWizard98's suggestion to delete the page, not even restore it to its pre-existing status as a redirect to the book, but delete it outright, is still a load of hogwash. Seth Cooper read the page, did a full re-write because it was too wordy and "read like an essay" (is it weired that I took that as a compliment?), and removed some original research, and posted the current version. He seems fine with it, and now that I even updated the appearance, I have no idea why Red insists on creating drama. This is - what, the second or third article I've made that he has targeted and marked with the notability tag within a day or two of me making it, and there never seems to be a reason for it that's not thinly veiled extension of "I don't like it," and it always comes off as narrow-minded, arbitrary and passive-agressively antaonistic. I am currently considering haitus from the wiki, to be honest. Sorry for whining, I just had to vent a bit. ^^' Tfoc (talk) 00:14, 19 March 2021 (UTC)
No, the "are you new" thing was a joke! That's why I added the :P and the :'D, I was dissing myself. Self-irony, you know. Sorry, that was not meant as a insult on you! D:
If we were physically in the same room, and you know, covid wasn't a thing, I'd given you a freaking hug, man. Your reply and the one I got from Seth on this article, feels like the just about the only recognition I've gotten since I joined, and the only appreciation I've gotten for the time and effort I put into my edits. Thank you! :-D Tfoc (talk) 06:05, 19 March 2021 (UTC)
Right... (Wo)man, it's an abbrivation! :P (Sorry if I came off as pressumptious, I just noticed the name "Harry", and then I used the incorrect noun without even realizing I did it before you corrected me.) Tfoc (talk) 22:17, 19 March 2021 (UTC)
I found information on the Ravenclaw Girls' Dormitories page and can't find the source anywhere
I don't want to delete this information, I just need to know where it came from. I don't know who to ask. I've searched everywhere online and can't find this information anywhere else besides the fandom page. The line is "A wall is decorated with the Ravenclaw crest and the windows have blue curtains. There is also a desk and stacks of books" in the first paragraph under Description. Everything else on that page has a source link and can be backed up. There is no source link to that line.
I feel bad bothering you, but I didn't know who else to turn to. You were listed first under administrators. Can someone at Fandom find this information? If no one else can find a source, I can go in and delete it. The line is also in Ravenclaw Boys' Dormitories. Also, for the future, if you're not the right person to ask, can you please tell me who I should turn to moving forward? Thanks so much. Shoshilyawkward (talk) 04:07, 14 May 2021 (UTC)
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I saw those sources and have studied them extensively, and nowhere in any of those 3 sources is the information "A wall is decorated with the Ravenclaw crest and the windows have blue curtains. There is also a desk and stacks of books." Neither game has a Ravenclaw crest on the wall, any curtains at all, or a desk. Pottermore doesn't mention any of those things either. This leads me to believe that either someone just made that up, or it came from a source other than the 3 sources listed (Pottermore and the 2 games). My question is, what is the 4th source that the wall crest, curtains, and desk come from, and/or if no source can be found should I go in and delete those 2 sentences?
Re: Ravenclaw Dorms
I say let's put the question on the talk page of the Dorm pages like you said. I'm hoping there is a source, which would then lead me/other users to another image of the Ravenclaw common room. Right now the only images I have are the 2 games, and what I can picture based on Pottermore. The more information I have, the better. Do you know how to add that question to the Dorm articles? I don't know how. I've never done anything besides read on Fandom... I just made an account yesterday so that I could message you. Thanks again for your help! —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Shoshilyawkward (talk • contribs).
Re: Ravenclaw Dorms
- Actually, it may be a description of Lego Harry Potter's Ravenclaw dorms. I continued researching as we talked and the windows have blue curtains and there is a crest on the wall. I can't see from the angle whether there was a desk but I'm betting there is. Can you instead just add the source for that line as LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4? I'm willing to bet that's what the original poster was referring to, they just didn't link a source. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Shoshilyawkward (talk • contribs).
I forgot to sign, sorry. By the way, I found out more information on the Ravenclaw common room, should I wait until this source issue is resolved to add my findings or can I add them now? Shoshilyawkward (talk) 23:39, 14 May 2021 (UTC)shoshilyawkward
Talk page policy violation
Hello, this user (Neirred has been blocked by a fandom staff member for something out of my control, but they still have talk page access, and have twice broken talk page policy by twice removing my messages left to them, and the second message did inform them that removing messages is very much against the rules. The current rules say a full block is applied after a second violation following a warning, for two days. RedWizard98 (talk) 20:54, 8 June 2021 (UTC)
This user whom you gave a final warning has ignored this warning and has responded by removing a huge chunk of information from the Dark Arts without explanation, as seen in here and also the Cornelius Fudge and First Wizarding War pages. I believe they have been given plenty of warnings about this from numerous users and it is really annoying us, and I believe this behaviour constitutes vandalism, considering how constant and unhelpful is. RedWizard98 (talk) 16:43, 16 June 2021 (UTC)
Hey, so I recently got your welcome message :) but aren't sure what you mean by "sign your name on Talk and vote pages using four tildes". Will you clear this up for me? Thanks!! Element-Of-Nature (talk) 13:20, 21 June 2021 (UTC)