Lol I already know that u applied and I already upvoted your application frosty haha you are late.
And I needed a help too , can you plz describe Miley about desktop version and tell her to check her talk page of HP !And share a link if she needs.I took permission of TOD to share a link in OT posts. So I can be connected with her too and chat with her some times if she wants! Because I guess she wants to talk *wiping my tears*. I won't comment anywhere untill it's toooo urgent that's why I am asking for your help. But yeah I am still available here in desktop version.
Re: Need Help
hey Reverb, I looked into it and you must have given me the wrong link at first it should be this one: http://community.wikia.com/wiki/User:Reverb_frost. Anyways, I checked the history and the edit was made by http://community.wikia.com/wiki/User:Oliverbarrykarasaraitsabby. please contact an admin from Community Central to deal with this. thank you! --TheOriginalDoctor (talk) 18:32, April 8, 2017 (UTC)
You should contact an Admin from the arrow wiki to deal with this issue since I have no control over it. Also, we are still deciding on a Mod as this is a very tough and important choice to make. --TheOriginalDoctor (talk) 20:11, April 10, 2017 (UTC)
RE: 2 Things
1) How much do you know about being a councilor and what they do? also, you should know that users get picked by staff to become a councilor, you can technically apply but that's not how it works.
RE: Dear Teacher
Congratulations on becoming a Mod at the COC Wiki! How did that come about? Anyways, Iv'e noticed that the COC Wiki Discussions have been suffering from from a lot of spam, so the most important thing to do would be to delete spam and encourage in-depth Discussions to improve the overall quality of the Discussions Board. Also, make sure you work with your fellow MOD and COC, teamwork is very important! I'm very glad that Iv'e been helpful for you! --TheOriginalDoctor (talk) 16:21, April 19, 2017 (UTC)
Just came to know you were looking for me and told me to leave a message here. So, I m here..let me know what's the matter..
Hi Reverb, I have recently joined the kik app so we could chat there.
As stated before, you are not authorised by the Mod team, nor the Administration of this Wiki, to moderate the Discussion's Area, kindly stop, or we shall take further action. 09:20, October 13, 2018 (UTC)
- Firstly, I don't need permission to mod a discussion area of which I have been assigned to manage, secondly, I have proof you still perform moderation actions. You have been warned, continued abuse of your "global" moderation power on the Harry Potter discussions area will result in actions taken by the mod team, this may include a ban.
- Not trying to start a fight, simply stating a fact. I'm not breaking any rules by making it clear that rules shall be imposed on those who break them. Anyways, you deleting Marc's posts? Yeah sure. Bert undeleted them, and yours, himself.
:RE Your last message, uh.
So I still have no idea how to use talk pages, as the wikia I'm used to has a message wall with a reply function.
Well anyways, I'm just gonna give replying another go, having looked at how other people reply to messages.
So, here's the actual message, as I feel a bit bad for not answering: Hey, how're you? I'll be in the live chat every now and then, and someone will have to explain talk pages to me, before I end up destroying the wikia.
Wanna come to live chat? I'll explain in a sec.
- RE your last message: Sorry I went to sleep, was dead tired xDD I'm online for the rest of the day, if I'm not away I'll probably answer.
You still on the wikia? If so, I'm in for a chat, if you wanna come, if you're still awake.
:Re your last two messages
Oh sorry, did I forget to sign? I apologize..
Yes, I understand, I'll be fine. You do what you have to do.
(TG) :Re Hey there
(sorry about the TG, couldn't help myself, ask if you're confused)
Hello and welcome back. The things that happened during your absence were rather odd on my side of perception, though enjoyable all the same. I shall be in the live chat. I'm curious as to what has transpired on your end.
Can you come in the live chat? There's something I need your help with
Sign your messages
To make it easier for everyone around you, as well actually having the time of your signature, please user "~.~.~.~" to sign your messages. Trust me, it'll be so much easier for you. Cheers, 16:15, November 13, 2018 (UTC)
- Yeah you're right... I don't know where I saw that. Sorry for that, have a nice day! Cheers, 16:56, November 13, 2018 (UTC)
This supposed "Hate"
Hello Reverb, it's Dave, and I am confused. Why do you think I hate you? I don't. I had a Chat with you in the, well, chat room a few weeks back, and found you were a pretty kind and helpful guy. I may disagree with you on a few things, but that does not mean I hate you. You are someone I look up to, and someone who does his job for himself, but for the community. We both have had questionable actions, and I am sure we both have seen our mistakes. So I would like to make a truce. I don't hate you, you don't hate me, and we can make the HP wiki great again.
Sorry, I must have missed you in the chat, it was coverd. If you're still awake and not too sleepy, I'm here now. Edit: Gonna be doing some work in the background, math test is coming up.
- I tend not to use Chat while there is an open vote to mediate, in order to avoid even the possible appearance of "backroom dealing". If there is something pressing that needs my attention, please free to raise the issue on my, or the related, Talk page. Cheers --Ironyak1 (talk) 03:28, February 14, 2019 (UTC)
- In looking through many of these "first-post" accounts, they were all made several weeks, months, or even years ago, and many of them have other wiki-edits. I think this vote was brought to their attention via the site-wide notice as I made an Announcement. If any of them are sockpuppets, then their influence is minimal as their vote will not count. However, as most appear to be legit users, hopefully these notices and this first vote will draw more attention to, and participation in, Discussions so their votes can be tallied on future topics. Cheers --Ironyak1 (talk) 16:50, February 14, 2019 (UTC)
I feel like I'm spamming your wall, but if you're there, I'll be in the chat in the next few days. Curious as to how things have been going with the chat.
I missed you in the chat, was researching, I'm here now!
Yeah, I guess you're right, btw.
RE: "Add a 'Why?' to Questions" Policy
Hey Reverb, I may not agree with some of your decisions and choices sometimes, and I'm fine with that. But what problems exactly do you have with the current system, and what is your proposed plan of action instead? Looking forward to your reply,04:40, December 28, 2018 (UTC)
Hey Reverb, everything's okay. I'm just going to step down from Modding.13:22, December 28, 2018 (UTC)
Thanks for the support!14:12, December 28, 2018 (UTC)
Nice profile page! Good to see you!
07:45, January 6, 2019 (UTC)
Yup, I've pretty much given up already. I still speak for the people, but by doing my best to keep them from destroying themselves, I'm acting more and more like a MOD. --22:07, January 8, 2019 (UTC)
Master user profile template
Hi there, Reverb frost! Just wondering if you know about creating a master user profile template at Community Central; that ways, you can simply place it onto whichever wikis you are on, and only needing to update the master template for it to be updated cross-wiki, instead having to manually change each of your profiles, if that makes any sense. Everything on the TOC of my profile (+ the animated GIF) is placed via my master template, only the additional stuff is manually added. (So the GIF image isn't uploaded onto any wikis I placed the template on, just CC.)
Sample of master user template can be found at w:Category:User page templates. Just felt like it'd be easier for you if you obtain new User Rights, so that you won't have to go editing a bunch of your profiles. --Sammm✦✧(talk) 20:01, January 13, 2019 (UTC)
- No inconvenience at all lol. If your profiles all varies in each wiki, I wouldn't be suggesting it as it would be inapplicable. And it's quite easy to do, just put what you'd put on your profile at w:Template:User:Reverb frost or w:Template:Reverb frost (or any name you want, I suppose, but people usually make it clear what account its for lol); and you are good to go xP. --Sammm✦✧(talk) 03:20, January 14, 2019 (UTC)
- Hey, no worries! D; (If my message above made you feel embarrassed, that is not my intention!) I was not aware of that possibility until someone pointed out to me. I got the tip for how to place an image onto your profile on the wiki you're on, which may not allow said type of image and what not. Was just paying it forward. =] --Sammm✦✧(talk) 03:34, January 14, 2019 (UTC)
Here it is!
Nice man! It's really cool :).
Happy late birthday! Didn't find out until today.
RE: Account Block
I can’t remember off the top of my head why I banned hat account but I’m pretty sure it was either vandalism/abusing multiple accounts. Why isn’t Magnus blocking them?
Gen TDOHRTFT | We're all stories in the end, just make it a good one, eh? (talk) 21:30, February 4, 2019 (UTC)
turns out it was abusing multiple accounts TDOHRTFT | We're all stories in the end, just make it a good one, eh? (talk) 21:34, February 4, 2019 (UTC)
Are you kidding me? Saying that you were banned because you made a suggestion is outright lies and slandering towards the mods and I. You were banned because you started a fight with Marc and wouldn't stop your harassment towards him. That's why. You were told to stop, but you refused. 09:00, February 10, 2019 (UTC)
Hey there, Reverb frost! I do think it was very considerate and honorable of you for bringing up a very possible situation. TBH, I believe I myself briefly considered that scenario, but it was shot down (for me) after reviewing the edits they were making, and with the amount of users here on HPW, I actually did forget about all that until you brought it up. That was on me for forgetting, but like Ironyak1 stated, the users themselves should also be making the effort of understanding what they were told. Even in the situation where they don't understand English, using Google Translate is not that hard; I don't know Polish at all and I was able to check why they had a short-term block on the pl HPW, it's a matter of how much effort was put into it.
I think, at the end of the day, it was the non-responsive attitude that made the temporary block inevitable. Had this user shown any signs of actually reading their talk page (we don't know, cuz they have not, in all their edit history, contributed under User talk namespace) things might have been different, but as there was literally zero effort in communication on their part, that's why I reported in. I'm writing all this because, I can imagine myself really sounding like an unforgiving person judging by the report alone, and to me, that really wasn't the case. If there's unfortunately a next time, I'll try better at providing all the facts of the situation.
Again, the point you brought up was very much appreciated, and I realized that by only focusing on the relevant parts, it paints quite a different picture and could be misleading with the way I phrased the report, so hopefully I'll learn from this and do better from now on. =D --Sammm✦✧(talk) 18:26, February 10, 2019 (UTC)
Hey Reverb, it looks like you may have put in a wrong code for a userbox. The correct template is "User Ravenclaw Keeper", with the k capatilized. Hope that helps :).
Is this like spam or something?
Well I saw this and it looks like spam or at least is in the wrong place:https://harrypotter.fandom.com/d/p/3343172654596231071 MarmitaMorangona (talk) 13:06, February 19, 2019 (UTC)
RE Discussion Moderator
As I said, you can always make a Request for Permission, and see how the feedback goes there, or wait a couple weeks and see what sort of feedback results from Discussion users input on how future Discussions Mods should be chosen. Cheers --Ironyak1 (talk) 18:05, February 24, 2019 (UTC)
Re: Quick chat
Hi there! I think I got your message when it was 12am in my timezone, needless to say, I was off to bed at the time xDDD Sorry I missed you!
Though, if it's "technical" (I'm not really sure what this entails) and requires answers (instructions?) I'd prefer utilizing talk pages, because in the past, I find discussing codes and steps on how to go about performing certain acts, a tad bit hard and abstract when using chat, with interwiki links (if there's a need of them) also less convenient to generate.
If it's not editing or operating related (I kind of can't think of what could also be "technical"), um, I agree with Ironyak1 about trying to avoid chat when there's a vote. I don't think it's fair for you, even if what we hypothetically talk about was something completely different and not related to any current vote: Should I in later date decided to vote for you, or worst, vote against you, imagine people came to the wrong conclusion thinking that my decision was influenced by something that happened in chat. Like I said, this can be avoided, and if happened, really isn't fair for you as you are a decent candidate. =]
Hope this is understandable. (Also, extremely busy with 10 years of stuff to pack lmao. I find chat somewhat with pressure because its nature of fast responses; with talk pages, it's not that I'd then take the advantage of taking forever to reply, but at least I won't feel like I have to drop everything I was doing at the time to reply to keep the convo going lol. Gives me the cushioning time I appreciated and needed.)
- I honestly have no idea "when is the right time to do so" when it comes to asking Admins to open the vote =/. With Sage's Chat Mod example, you have to take in the entire fact that her application literally was sent in for a month until she got the Right. I think she has asked Admins to check and open the vote during the timespan, but I don't believe it was done, with the Right just granted due to no objections. Your application is sent in a mere few days, I'm not sure if there's any protocol when it comes to how long a wait is needed. To use my own experience, I personally was in no hurry when I applied, with the fact my schooling was kind of hanging on the line, (lol I graduated, so I eventually dodged a bullet I was afraid coming my way) thus, my application took almost 2 months, and I was okay with it.
- Now, obviously the situation is different here, with all the potential changes happening in Discussions. All I can say is, if you really think this is of utmost importance and is super dire, perhaps you can take a leaf out of User:Harrypotterexpert101's book: Ask an Admin (in his case it was Seth,) and would be possibly given the same offer as seen here.
- And yeah, I understand the "nothing is private" thing lol. I can't say I'm a fan, but I can live with it, though I make no efforts to hide I do prefer privacy, and encourage people to reach out to me if they happen to have the same social media. It's not that I especially dislike chat or anything, because I don't, just that the whole vote thing aside, things are also getting intense for me at the moment when I have just one month to pack my stuff. With this reply, I can just send it out and go on with my packing. (To clarify, I'm not oppose to joining chat in the future, but probably a couple of months later until that happens.)
In case you missed it, I've added a Discussion icon to the top of Albus Dumbledore that links to the topic discussion post you made recently. I've also started a talk about this idea in the forum here. The biggest problem I see if that these image links don't show up in either the mobile skin or the unified app, which is where they would be most useful for linking to Discussions. Anyhow, take a look at the link and the feedback so far and please share any thoughts you have. Cheers --Ironyak1 (talk) 18:45, March 4, 2019 (UTC)
Sorry for my rude attitude on the Fortnite Wiki yesterday. You're right, I shouldn't go around and just ask if anyone needs mods.
RE Discussion/wiki guide
Yes, any sort of up-to-date how-to guide could be linked to from the Discussion Guidelines (if that is what you mean by being made official - let me know if you had something else in mind). Cheers --Ironyak1 (talk) 16:43, March 12, 2019 (UTC)
- These all look quite good! Just a couple quick notes:
- In relation to Admins & Mods, you might consider changing "they are not aliens" to they are not Death Eaters, or Boggarts, or something more thematic.
- For the Categories post, Fan Theories can also include any theory that works from canon and can be argued for or against with canon info (such as Tina is now the Master of the Elder Wand, or Dumbledore/Harry was the Master of Death). Basically, any fan-created theory that has a basis in canon fact and is not just an Opinion.
- Not sure if a "how to link" post is needed, as it seems simple enough, but noted that this was part of the guides in the past.
- There likely needs to be a How to become a Mod post, that outlines the basics of helping out etc, along with the new suggestion/nomination/election process now voted in.
- Thanks for the work on these! I'll be in contact in a couple days to coordinate the posting of your Discussion Mod nomination so you can be the first reply with whatever info you'd like to share about yourself. Cheers --Ironyak1 (talk)
Discussions Mod nomination
Please let me know when you're around. I'm ready to post your Discussion Mod nomination and want to make sure you're able to make the first reply with any info you want to share. Thanks --Ironyak1 (talk) 17:14, March 18, 2019 (UTC)
- It is now posted - https://harrypotter.fandom.com/d/p/3343172654596247752
- Good luck --Ironyak1 (talk) 19:38, March 18, 2019 (UTC)
Sup? Have you checked Twitter recently? I'd appreciate if isn't just a one-way communicating method where you can contact me and I can't reach you. =] Hope all is well. --Sammm✦✧(talk) 23:58, March 25, 2019 (UTC)
Thanks for a detailed version of the changes, Reverb. Although I was very well known painted a potential death eater by my fellow users.
- Cough* for that...
In case you missed it, your (local) Discussions Moderator permissions should be in place. I look forward to seeing what you and the other Mods come up with for new ideas. Congrats! --Ironyak1 (talk) 17:23, March 27, 2019 (UTC)
- Feel free to get started on your wiki guide posts - probably best to ping the other Mods to get their feedback on further possible edits & improvements as well. I have a small list of suggestions I'll post on the Mod thread later in the week to gather everyone's input. I want to make sure everyone has a chance to weigh in on any changes they would help implement and oversee.
- However, as time goes on, I'd like to be able to step back more on Discussions and let the Mods run things as long as everyone is working well together. My hope is Mods can form a council for running projects, discussing improvements, and maintaining organization, calling in admins as needed to help support these initiatives and handle any community votes as needed. I think this is very possible with the current set of Mods and look forward to working with everyone! Cheers --Ironyak1 (talk) 18:10, March 27, 2019 (UTC)
- As you can see in Moderator Actions Insights, I have been handling the vast majority of Discussions tasks over the last few months, which just isn't sustainable. Also, all the Mods need the space to exercise their rights and find tasks they want to tackle. I'll still be very active in Discussions for the near term, but want to make more of that space available for Mods to take the initiative. Even then I'll still be checking in to see how things are going or to offer feedback as needed. Cheers --Ironyak1 (talk) 01:41, March 28, 2019 (UTC)
RE Block rights
Thanks for raising the issue. In general, I would prefer you don't use your block rights unless there is no other choice. This would mean rampant disruption in Discussions without an admin / bureaucrat available to help out. Obviously, you do have the right and so can exercise it in an emergency, which is helpful, just make sure it is beyond question that it is warranted.
In time, I would like to be able to restore Blocking rights to all Discussion Mods, but still need to see the types of offenses that are being flagged for blocking and make sure there is a clear process in place for documenting the causes for such blocks. Thanks --Ironyak1 (talk) 18:34, March 27, 2019 (UTC)
RE Discussion board Trolls
Thanks for the heads up. Those logins are most likely extra accounts of User:Kitwennerbom who has posted similar stuff in the past. Based on other info, there may be a developmental disorder involved, so we've tended to just clean-up messes as needed without being overly confrontational about it. Just something to take into account and keep in mind. Cheers --Ironyak1 (talk) 07:40, June 21, 2019 (UTC)
hi, do you have discord? MechQueste 02:56, August 6, 2019 (UTC)
RE Quick Chat
- Just wanted to let you now that I saw your message but don't have any time available until about 10 hours from now. Will ping you then. Cheers --Ironyak1 (talk) 06:43, November 1, 2019 (UTC)
I agree that the mini-modding was taken too far in that post, so a warning has been given. Everyone is given warnings and chances to improve their behavior before any ban is put in place. Please let me know if other problems arise. Cheers --Ironyak1 (talk) 17:10, December 17, 2019 (UTC)