- 1 RE Discussion Board
- 2 RE Discussion Board Block
- 3 Order of Merlin (Second Class)
- 4 ...No see, huh?
- 5 RE: Order of Merlin
- 6 RE:New Signature
- 7 Policy Review & Proposals
- 8 Jellyattack
- 9 SpikeTheCactus408
- 10 Unsigned
- 11 Moderator?
- 12 Voting Policy
- 13 Re: Long Time
- 14 Re:Order of Merlin
- 15 Your concerns
- 16 Re:My vote
- 17 RE:Running Vote count
- 18 Congratulations!
- 19 Congratulations
- 20 New Administrator rights
- 21 Congratulations!
- 22 Mods
- 23 RE Forum:Policy Review
- 24 Thank you
RE Discussion Board
RE Discussion Board Block
Order of Merlin (Second Class)
...No see, huh?
Wow, this is actually quite the trip for me. I actually haven't been on this wiki properly for quite some time. I still use fandom for other purposes, that's how I got your message, but I'm sorry to say, I'm not really super active anymore. I still do check in from time to time, but overall, I don't have much time anymore to put a whole lot into the wiki and stuff. Plus, I don't have a Discord, and it doesn't look like I can enter as a guest anymore. Sorry dude. I'll see you around. Oerk (talk) 08:34, July 9, 2020 (UTC)
RE: Order of Merlin
Thank you, kind sir :D -12:41, July 16, 2020 (UTC)
Yay! Good job.
Mine is still better though ;) Cheers, -- 05:59, July 17, 2020 (UTC)
Policy Review & Proposals
As you have participated in the Forum:Policy Review process, I am notifying you of the goal to finalize any suggestions on these proposals in the next couple days in preparation for a series of votes to help choose between varying options.
While this timeline need not be a strict one, and more time of course will be allocated for further discussion as needed, my hope is that some attention on these proposals can bring us closer to clarifying suggestions, finding agreement where possible, and improving the wording to help facilitate any potential voting.
- Just to follow up - your suggestion on the 100 words requirement and 3x3day extensions still doesn't have a home on the Policy proposals. As an FYI, the Voting Policy suggestions have settled onto a 7 day voting extension as needed so you can decide if that would work for your RFP outline or if it should be different. Unless I hear otherwise, I will put your suggestions into the User Right proposal in the next several hours so they are at least included for any discussion.
- Also, on the Voting policy, there are a variety of proposals centering around 50 edits; could you take a look and see if any work well enough as your 35 edits suggestion for you? I've also suggested that Discussions posts & account age requirements mirror the wiki edit requirements as a matter of parity and fairness. I think this should simplify things but am open to suggestions if different requirements are needed.
- I'm trying to reconcile any minor differences before reaching the point of a vote. Items with multiple options may be difficult to achieve a majority which will lead to multiple rounds (and weeks) of voting so, in the interest of progress, anywhere consensus can be found now will save us time down the road. Thanks --Ironyak1 (talk) 16:12, July 23, 2020 (UTC)
As a reminder, Voting on the Forum:Voting Policy proposed changes closes in a few days. If you haven't had a chance to review the proposals and vote, please do so while there is still time. Thanks! --Ironyak1 (talk) 16:36, July 29, 2020 (UTC)
- Hello again! I am checking in with everyone who has a made a User Right proposal to see if we can begin to wrap up work on any or all of the Gaining Rights, Maintaining Rights, & Removing Rights sections in the hopes of beginning to vote on one or more of them sometime this weekend.
- Again, this is not a strict timeline so if extra time is needed it is of course available - just trying to focus again on achieving tangible movement forward for these proposals. I noticed you were working on your proposal recently so you're already ahead of the game! Cheers --Ironyak1 (talk) 07:33, August 6, 2020 (UTC)
I would like to move the User Rights proposals forward for voting. Please wrap up any remaining changes to your proposals within the next 48 hours. Thanks! --Ironyak1 (talk) 05:37, August 10, 2020 (UTC)
- Please note that the User Rights Gaining Rights, Maintaining Rights, and Removing Rights proposals are open for voting. Also, Forum:Voting Policy - final draft is available for review and final minor revisions before it heads to a final vote for adoption in the next few days. Any input on these items is appreciated. Thanks --Ironyak1 (talk) 17:46, August 15, 2020 (UTC)
- Hey - as a heads up, the Forum:Discord Policy - draft has been tallied and archived so work can start on implementing the changes. You should be able to edit Help:Discord to get going and I'll add the new Policy page and start the customizations needed for the Discord Staff tags. Cheers --Ironyak1 (talk) 06:10, October 2, 2020 (UTC)
Sorry for the late reply to your questions - had to look at a couple things and got sidelined by other going-ons. The Discord User templates could be worked on now IMO - given some of the work HPE101 and others have done I just figured you all would sort out what you want them to look like. The Mediawiki custom tags will more likely have to wait for after the UCP upgrade coming up in the next few weeks, given that the UCP compatibility status is unknown for solutions such as UserTags and ProfileTags. I don't think it's a good idea to invest time in adding new customizations so close to the UCP upgrade just to have to potentially redo that work. Cheers --Ironyak1 (talk) 00:48, October 7, 2020 (UTC)
You are most welcome, absolutely no problem at all :) -18:15, September 22, 2020 (UTC)
Hello Reverb, thanks for asking and sure!
Hey - per the Harry Potter Wiki:Voting policy, the acting Administrator will tally up the votes as needed for an official vote. While it's ok to update the section count when adding your own vote, it's best not to do so for others, as it implies you've validated their eligibility, with users in the past misunderstanding the requirements, or votes being re/moved improperly, and such. In short, it's just easier, and provides less room for mistakes and confusion, to not have several people trying to help organize an ongoing vote. Cheers --Ironyak1 (talk) 17:26, September 27, 2020 (UTC)
Re: Long Time
Hey, what's up, Reverb?
Yeah, it's been a really long time (or at least feelsl like it) when I last seriously interacted with the wiki. My life on paper might not seem too different, but for me it's changed drastically in the last year or so. It's a shame that the chat is being disabled, that was probably one of the best parts of the wiki (at least for me). As for the Discord, I may or may not join (Oerk is only my wikia/fandom presence and as you may been able to tell by the eternally empty profile picture, I am super private online) so if I were, it would probably be under a temporary account to check in once in a while. Also, the invite expired for me so take that for whatever it is. Maybe I'll see you in the chat before it's gone, maybe I'll pop in the Discord.
In any event, take it easy, and maybe I'll see you around.
Re:Order of Merlin
Thank you for sharing your concerns. I had to think about it a second time before I was sure that I could handle this. I still think that I will stay neutral in the discussion.--Rodolphus (talk) 10:42, October 13, 2020 (UTC)
RE:Running Vote count
Hello. Thank you for the heads-up, I wasn't aware of that. I've gone ahead and removed it until the vote closes. Thanks again! --18:35, October 16, 2020 (UTC)
On becoming admin! MechQueste 14:21, October 18, 2020 (UTC)
New Administrator rights
Per the successful RFP, I have just now granted you Administrator rights. You'll find a set of shiny new buttons to play with. Congratulations, and keep up the good work! -- 21:31, October 18, 2020 (UTC)
Congratulations on becoming an admin! I'm sure you'd be great! --06:09, October 20, 2020 (UTC)
Dear Kai, I was lookin on the applications.. I saw that on applicants it didn't have my name.. And when I changed my application as I had forgotten to write who I was, It showed it wasn't even changed! Thank you for your time, @Annabethchase71/ Ann
RE Forum:Policy Review
Hey - Forum:Content moderation practices isn't really a policy discussion so far - more just an working group discussion so that everyone whose work might overlap can discuss tools and practices. If this leads to some policies that need to be formally defined, my current guess is that those topics would be separated out as needed. As for Forum:Bot Policy proposal, agreed, that should be part of the list - I'll add it in as it starts to move forward. Cheers --Ironyak1 (talk) 17:40, 8 November 2020 (UTC)