Before editing, be sure to read the wiki's policies. Please sign your name on Talk and vote pages using four tildes (~~~~) to automatically produce your name and the current date. Be sure to verify your e-mail address in your preferences. Before attempting any major article rewrites please read the layout guide. If you have any questions, check out the policy and help pages (see here for editing help), add a question to the Community portal, view the forum or ask me on my talk page. Again, welcome!
Please check the links before you include them in a page...
22:18, March 23, 2018 (UTC)
Many of your recent edits have to be undone as you are:
- Removing c. from dates that are circa, meaning around, as they are not exactly known.
- Using Knights of Walpurgis, which is unclear if JKR meant it to be the original name of Riddle's schoolmates or the Death Eaters, and as such cannot be used in an article.
Do you have a canon mention of Iolanthe Peverell taking the Potter name? If not there there is no reason to assume this is the case, and we have examples of other female characters, such as Minerva McGonagall keeping their maiden name. Please refrain from making such renames in the future without any references to support the change. Thanks --Ironyak1 (talk) 17:06, June 28, 2018 (UTC)
Please do not keep adding Category:Wizard families and/or Category:Pure-blood families to all the categories in Category:Sacred Twenty-Eight families. All Sacred Twenty-Eight families are by definition Pure-blood and Wizard families and are already in those categories (the category system is a tree, with categories inside other categories like folders, not a flat tagging system in which every applicable tag has to be applied). All your related edits will be undone. Thanks --Ironyak1 (talk) 04:03, October 18, 2018 (UTC)
- Please stop adding redundant categories as requested. If not, there may be a temporary ban on your ability to edit. Thanks --Ironyak1 (talk) 17:11, October 23, 2018 (UTC)
Okay, fine, I will listen to you now. I’ll leave the Family categories alone and just edit pages. -- Ryker11 (talk) 18:53, October 23, 2018 (UTC)
Again, there is no need to add Category:Wands to most related articles as categories for wand woods, such as Category:Yew wands, are under Category:Wands in the Category hierarchy. If you still do not understand how the Categories are organized, it would be best not to try and apply them to articles. Thanks --Ironyak1 (talk) 23:06, November 3, 2018 (UTC)
- Please stop adding Category:Wands crafted by Garrick Ollivander to articles where he possibly crafted them. This type of speculation should be removed from the articles (or placed into the Behind the scenes section) and should definitely not be used to add categories. Thanks --Ironyak1 (talk) 19:03, November 4, 2018 (UTC)
- Fine then, maybe I could add in a Category:Wands possibly crafted by Garrick Ollivander page if you unblock my account - Ryker11 (talk), November 4, 2018 (UTC)
- There's no need or use for "possibly" categories, so I'd advise against it when your block ends in 2 weeks. -- 21:09, November 4, 2018 (UTC)