At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
|"Is this all real? Or has this been happening inside my head?"
The topic of this article is of a real-life subject that has been mentioned "in-universe" in a canon source. The Harry Potter Wiki is written from the perspective that all information presented in canon is true (e.g., Hogwarts really exists), and, as such, details contained in this article may differ from real world facts.
Valerian is a plant with magical properties.
Valerian is used as an ingredient in Treacle fudge. Valerian roots are used in Potion-making; they are one of the ingredients of the Draught of Living Death and the Draught of Peace. Sprigs of valerian are used in the Forgetfulness Potion, the Sleeping Draught and the Fire-Breathing Potion. Rubeus Hagrid grew Valerian in his garden.
Behind the scenes
- Valerian (Valeriana officinalis) was known in medieval times as All Heal, was recognised for its sedative and antispasmodic properties, and so was used as a sleep and nerve remedy and later as a treatment for epilepsy.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- The Road to Hogwarts Sweepstakes
- Fantastic Beasts: Cases from the Wizarding World
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery
Notes and references
- ↑ Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 3, Chapter 1 (Year Three Begins) - Herbology Lesson "Valerian Sprigs"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) - GBC version
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Chapter 9 (The Half-Blood Prince)
- ↑ Pottermore - Magical Drafts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger.
- ↑ Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 2, Side Quest "Help Hagrid!"
- ↑ http://botanical.com/botanical/mgmh/v/valeri01.html