At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald. As such, spoilers will be present within the article.
Vinda Rosier was a French witch who lived during the early 20th century. She was a member of the famous pure-blood Rosier family and a loyal and trusted acolyte of Gellert Grindelwald. She was said to be mysterious, seemingly being the Dark Wizard's lieutenant.
Assembling the Dark forces
When Vinda and her fellow acolytes killed the owners of a house, making it their hiding place, she spoke to Grindelwald about the world in which they would be able to kill every single non-magic person, but he told her that they would not kill every single one (that the beast of burden will always be necessary).
Later on, Vinda located a distraught Queenie Goldstein and brought her to the house being used by Grindelwald and his acolytes. At the headquarters she comforted her and provided her with tea. When Queenie informed her she intended to leave so she could see her sister Tina, she confessed she was deeply committed to Grindelwald, their host, and he entered the room and implored Goldstein to join him.
Grindelwald's Paris rally
Rosier attended the subsequent rally of Grindelwald's at the Lestrange Mausoleum as one of his acolytes. She went onstage to give Grindelwald a skull hookah to show everyone visions of the violence, warfare and bloodshed of the non-magical people, more specifically visions of the future Second World War. After he explained the need for wizards to rule over non-magic people for "For the Greater Good", Grindelwald indentified several Aurors present at the rally, led by Theseus Scamander. After a young witch with red hair was killed by an Auror after she tried to attack him, Grindelwald in response to the Aurors' opposition to him, conjured a circle of protective fire around himself to test the loyalty of his followers; she stepped into the black flames unaffected and unharmed, as she was truly loyal to him and his cause. Whilst still holding skull hookah, she was stunned by Leta Lestrange, causing the skull to be dropped and blasted into pieces. After that, she disapparated away intending to spread Grindelwald's words and message to the wider wizarding world, as all of his followers had been commanded to do.
Vinda was a strikingly and chillingly beautiful young witch, with green eyes, pale Caucasian skin, with short dark hair and thick, long eyebrows. She also wore purple lipstick and eye shadow. Her dress sense was very elegant and clearly evident of her upper-class heritage, wearing a long dark green dress, underneath a black coat, with black boots and a black hat.
Personality and traits
Magical abilities and skills
- Charms: Vinda appeared to be skilled in charms, as she was seemingly capable of charming a teapot to pour Queenie Goldstein an excessive amount of tea whilst she was comforting her.
- Apparition: Vinda was fully capable of Apparating at will, as she managed to successfully Apparate out of the Lestrange family Mausoleum, in order to spread the word of Grindelwald's cause and beliefs across the Wizarding World.
Vinda was arguably Gellert Grindelwald's most trusted and loyal Acolyte, therefore being the Dark Wizard's anonymous lieutenant. Grindelwald trusted her with consoling Queenie Goldstein to soften her up for Grindelwald to convince her and also with keeping his Skull-Hookah, displaying his deep trust for Vinda. However, Grindelwald was not aware of the true extent of Vinda's belief of his plans for Non-magic people, as he was genuinely shocked when she casually and proudly stated that Grindelwald's new order would bring the destruction of all Muggles and quickly told her off as he didn't actually desire such a bloodbath and also not wanting such extreme views to be shown openly. Nevertheless, after Vinda showed her respect of Grindelwald despite his declining massacring all Muggles, Grindelwald retained his trust in her, therefore allowing her to stay behind while he sent all his other Acolytes away and having her apparate away first before unleashing his wrath upon Paris, not blaming her for her inability to prevent his skull-hookah from being destroyed by Leta.
- The name "Vinda" is a word of primarily Germanic/Norse origin that means "to wind; twist; wring."
- Rosier is, most notable, the name of a fallen angel (a Dominion of the Second Sphere) and patron demon of tainted love and seduction.
- In the Christian angelic hierarchy, Dominions regulate the duties of lower angels, and make themselves physically known to humans with extreme rarity.
- Rosier is also a French name that means "rose bush" or "from the rose bush."
Behind the scenes
- Vinda Rosier is portrayed by Poppy Corby-Tuech in the second instalment of the Fantastic Beasts film series.
- Her name is given only as "Rosier (female)" in Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - The Original Screenplay, but her first name was revealed on Pottermore.
- Vinda is similar to Bellatrix Lestrange because they both served as deputy to dark wizards (Vinda to Grindelwald and Bellatrix to Voldemort). It is also possible that the both are related because the family name of Bellatrix's mother - Druella before the marriage was Rosier like the family name of Vinda, and therefore Vinda can be a maternal relative of Bellatrix
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (First appearance)
Notes and references
- ↑ She was a member of the Sacred Twenty-Eight Rosier family, indicating she had wizarding heritage.
- ↑ Features: "A guide to the new characters from Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald" at Pottermore
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 "Next Fantastic Beasts film reveals new characters – including Nicolas Flamel" on Pottermore
- ↑ Writing by J.K. Rowling: "Pure-Blood" at Pottermore
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 The 10 most must-see films of 2018, from the new 'Fantastic Beasts' to 'Mary Poppins'
- ↑ http://ew.com/movies/2017/12/29/fantastic-beasts-johnny-depp-as-grindelwald/
|Gellert Grindelwald's army|
|Acolytes||Carrow | MacDuff | Nagel | Krafft | Krall (deceased) | Abernathy | Vinda Rosier|
|Followers||Aurelius Dumbledore | Queenie Goldstein | Gunnar Grimmson|
|Headquarters||Unidentified home | Nurmengard|