|"Is this all real? Or has this been happening inside my head?"
The topic of this article is of a real-life subject that has been mentioned "in-universe" in a canon source. The Harry Potter Wiki is written from the perspective that all information presented in canon is true (e.g., Hogwarts really exists), and, as such, details contained in this article may differ from real world facts.
The violin is a string instrument, usually with four strings tuned in perfect fifths. It is the smallest, highest-pitched member of the violin family of string instruments, which includes the viola and cello.
During their performance of Something Wicked This Way Comes at the 1993 Start-of-Term Feast, a member of the Hogwarts orchestra played the violin. Violins were also played in the 1994 Yule Ball of the Triwizard Tournament.
Behind the scenes
- In the video game adaptation of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, a charmed violin attacked Harry Potter and Ronald Weasley in Fifth-floor halls when they tried to rescue Neville Longbottom from the Ghoul.
- In LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4, there is a violin in the Chamber of Secrets, in the Lower Chambers Portrait Corridor and in front of the Quidditch pitch in the past of 1993–1994 school year.
- One of the possible questions that can be asked during the sorting quiz on Pottermore is about musical instrument preferences. One of the possible answers is the violin.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (video game)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4