|"There are plenty of eye-witness accounts. Just because you're so narrow-minded you need to have everything shoved under your nose before you–"
This article contains a list of appearances, but currently has few or no notes and references. Please help the Harry Potter Wiki by adding notes and/or references to bring this article to a higher standard of quality.
- Nerida Vulchanova: Founder of Durmstrang Institute and considered a "great witch" in her time.
- Pyotr Vulchanov: Beater for the Bulgarian National Quidditch team, played in the 1994 Quidditch World Cup final.
- Boris Vulchanov: Son of Pyotr Vulchanov, played for the Bulgarian National Quidditch team in the 2014 Quidditch World Cup.
- The name Vulchanov [vəl'tʃanov] is the surname version of the given name Vulchan, meaning "wolf", "wolf-man" or "wolf-like". It is formed from вълк ['vəlk] ("wolf") and the suffix -an. It is turned into a patronymic and from there a surname with the suffix -ov and into its female equivalent with the suffix -a.
Behind the scenes
- Considering that Professor Vulchanova founded Durmstrang, a school notoriously known not to accept Muggle-born students, it's possible that the Vulchanovs are an ancient pure-blood family. However, it is unknown whether this ban on Muggle-born students was enacted starting with Vulchanova, or during the two "dark periods" in Durmstrang history: the Headmastership of Harfang Munter or that of Igor Karkaroff, both after Vulchanova's time.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.