The Wailing Widow was a female ghost from Kent. She was a close friend of Sir Nicholas de Mimsy-Porpington as she attended his five-hundredth Deathday Party, having had to travel all the way from Kent to Scotland.
Behind the scenes
- In the Danish dub of the Disc 2 of the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, the title for Travels with Trolls was mistranslated as Danser med Den Hvide Dame, which means Dacing with the White Lady, and Den Hvide Dame are coincidentally also the Danish translation for "the Wailing Widow", meaning it was both mistranslated as well as using the same words to describe two different things.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (First appearance) (Appears as a ghost or a spirit)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film) (Mentioned only in Disc 2 in Danish dub) (Appears as a ghost or a spirit)
- Pottermore (Appears as a ghost or a spirit)
- Wizarding World (Appears as a ghost or a spirit)
Notes and references
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Chapter 8 (The Deathday Party)
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.