Wakanda (fl. 1997) was an elderly witch who worked for the Ministry of Magic, presumably in the Department of Magical Law Enforcement. She wore her blonde hair in a high style that resembled an anthill.
Harry Potter and Ron Weasley encountered Wakanda in a lift when they infiltrated the Ministry along with Hermione Granger in 1997. Arthur Weasley was talking to her, and, judging from his reaction, she had just tried to convince him to become involved in something with which he had reservations.
- The name Wakanda means "inner magical power" in Sioux. In Sioux tradition, Wakanda or Wakan Tanka is also a term for that which is sacred or divine.
Behind the scenes
- In a deleted scene from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1, she is portrayed by Harriet Thorpe who has recently taken over the role of Tanya in Mamma Mia! on the West End.
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Appears in deleted scene(s))
Notes and references
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Chapter 13 (The Muggle-Born Registration Commission) - "an elderly witch whose blonde hair was teased so high it resembled an anthill. “... I quite understand what you’re saying, Wakanda..."
- ↑ As she got off on the same floor as Arthur Weasley.
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- ↑ The New Age Baby Name Book by Sue Browder
- ↑ Source