Prior to 1965, MACUSA legislation introduced in the late 19th century made it mandatory for every witch and wizard in the United States of America to carry a wand permit. This measure was taken to keep track of all magical activity and quickly identify any wizards or witches who used their wands in noncompliance of the International Statute of Wizarding Secrecy and Rappaport's Law.
- Pottermore (First mentioned)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay (First appearance)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (film)
Notes and references
- ↑ ARTICLE - Add to Template:PM at Pottermore
- ↑ Pottermore - Writing by J.K. Rowling: "The Magical Congress of the United States of America (MACUSA)"
- ↑ (see this image)
- ↑ Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (film) (see this image)
- ↑ See this image of Tina Goldstein's MACUSA identification card on display as part of a prop exhibition in Japan.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.