Wandkeepers are individuals employed by Garrick Ollivander to run the various branches of Ollivanders located throughout wizarding Britain, especially Hogsmeade, and to a further extent, the main store in Diagon Alley, while the wandmaker is away.
Magical abilities and skills
In order to be eligible for the job title of Wandkeeper, the person in question must have an expertise in the following:
- Charms: Must be able to cast many charms such as the Mending Charm, weather-related charms, the Freezing Charm and the Herbivicus Charm; as well as the Levitation Charm, the Water-Making Spell, the Wand-Lighting Charm, the Descendo charm and the Summoning Charm.
- Divination: Must be able to foresee costumers arriving in the shop.
- Nonverbal magic: Must be able to produce nonverbal spells smoothly, such as the Herbivicus Charm and the Freezing Charm.
- Wandlore: Must be knowledgeable in the complex science and magic of wandlore.
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter (First appearance)
Notes and references
- A callsheet for auditions for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Japan (transcription here) lists the wandkeeper at Ollivanders as being portrayed as between his mid-40s and 60s.
- He refers to a custumer's tattoos as "Odd Muggle... stuff" and when a young girl refers to "the film" he says "I have no idea what you're talking about". He also refers to a thumbs-up as "Muggle for 'yes'". As such, it is unlikely he grew up among Muggles.
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- "Theme park may turn people on to the books" (page 3 of 5) at HoumaToday.com
- "Ollivanders Wand Shop June 2nd" on Youtube.
- "Ollivanders Wand Shop in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter" on Youtube.
- "Wand Fitting at Ollivander's" on Youtube.
- "Choosing a Wand at Ollivander's" on Youtube.
- "Ollivanders wand shop *third day*:: Universal Studios Harry Potter" on Youtube.