|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is a conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
This uncle of the Weasley children got drunk at the wedding of Bill Weasley and Fleur Delacour on 1 August, 1997. He spent part of the wedding wondering whether or not Harry Potter, who was disguised as a red-haired Weasley cousin, was his son.
Behind the scenes
- As it is known that Arthur Weasley had two brothers and no sisters, it is widely assumed that the unnamed "uncle of Ron's" mentioned in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is one of Arthur's brothers, and thus a Weasley. However, since it is unknown whether Gideon and Fabian Prewett were Molly Weasley's only siblings, it is possible the unnamed uncle was another brother of Molly or the husband of her sister.
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- ↑ Both the Weasley and Prewett families are Pure-Blood, meaning he can't be Muggle-Born
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: "Wandering through the crowd so as to escape a drunken uncle of Ron’s who seemed unsure whether or not Harry was his son..." (Ch. 8)
- ↑ "Extra Stuff: The Weasley Family" at J. K. Rowling's official site