Each chapter discussed various aspects of the books, providing evidence for both sides of each argument, and ultimately making a final verdict as to how they believed Deathly Hallows would unfold.
Book 7 Basics
This chapter mainly discussed what the Deathly Hallows could be and how long they believed the book would be.
The Story So Far
Gave a brief history of the entire Harry Potter franchise, from the birth of the character and series, the many websites and discussions on the internet dedicated to the series up to the release of the films.
What J.K.R. Says
Featured excerpts from many interviews with Rowling about the overall plot of the series and what she revealed about the final book.
This chapter discussed Dumbledore's death, from both sides: Did he fake his death or did he really die?
Looked at many of the relationships of the series, including ones that never were (i.e. Harry and Hermione) and discussed who which existing relationships would last and which new ones would form.
Life Debts and Where They Will Lead Wormtail
R.A.B. and the Missing Locket
Discussed the identity of the mysterious R.A.B. and the whereabouts of the Locket Horcrux
Voldemort's Horcruxes: Questions, Questions
Made guesses as to what the remaining, unknown Horcruxes were at the time. Tried to predict the location of the Horcruxes, as well as how many there actually were.
Is Harry a Horcrux?
Discussed both sides of the possibility of Harry being an unintended Horcrux.
Harry or Voldemort:Who Wins?
What About Everyone Else?
Discussed the potential futures for many of the characters, as well as who the authors believed would survive, and who would die.
Listed a few minor loose ends in the series and whether they'd be solved in the final book.
What They Got Right
Some guesses were wrong, or not fully accurate. However, many of the predictions made by the authors turned out to be right, or very close to the mark. Here's what they guessed at that turned out to be correct:
- Dumbledore did truly die
- Harry wound up with Ginny, Ron and Hermione got together
- Wormtail's life debt to Harry wound up saving Harry's life. (It's what caused his own enchanted hand to choke him to death at Malfoy Manor)
- R.A.B. was in fact Sirius' brother Regulus, and Mundungus Fletcher did indeed take the locket from Grimmauld Place
- Snape was truly on the Order's side, tricking Voldemort to his demise. Also Snape did love Lily.
- Harry was the unintentional 7th Horcrux, which meant that Voldemort's soul had actually split into eight pieces.
- Harry defeated Voldemort in the final battle at Hogwarts.