|"Is this all real? Or has this been happening inside my head?"
The topic of this article is of a real-life subject that has been mentioned "in-universe" in a canon source. The Harry Potter Wiki is written from the perspective that all information presented in canon is true (e.g., Hogwarts really existed), and, as such, details contained in this article may differ from real world facts.
Whitehall is a road in Westminster in the heart of London. Whitehall is the site of various Muggle government bureaus and ministries. For this reason "Whitehall" is commonly used as a metonym for the British government.
Whitehall also housed the entrances to the British Ministry of Magic Headquarters: the workers' entrance in a set of underground public toilets, and the visitors' entrance within a telephone box.
In 1997, Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, and Hermione Granger ambushed Mafalda Hopkirk, Albert Runcorn and Reginald Cattermole on this road. They knocked the three out with the Stunning Spell to assume their identities and infiltrate the Ministry of Magic in an attempt to recover Slytherin's Locket.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (video game) (First identified as Whitehall)
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - The Original Screenplay (Mentioned only)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
- Harry Potter: The Character Vault