|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is a conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
- "Fifty yards along the crowded pavement there were spiked black railings flanking two flights of stairs, one labelled GENTLEMEN, the other LADIES."
- — Description[src]
There was a set of underground public toilets in Whitehall. The toilets were accessible via two flights of stairs flanked by spiked black iron railings, one labelled "LADIES" and the other "GENTLEMEN". The toilets were tiled in "grimy" black and white.
In 1997, during the Death Eaters regime after the Fall of the Ministry of Magic, these underground toilets were used as the Ministry of Magic employee entryway. The workers would enter a cubicle (for which a special Ministry of Magic token was required), stand in the toilet bowl and flush themselves down a small chute into a fireplace in the Atrium at the Ministry of Magic Headquarters. It should be noted that whilst having to stand in the toilet bowl to gain access, the witch or wizard's feet would not be saturated by the water inside, and they would remain perfectly dry throughout the transport process.
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (video game)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
Notes and references
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Chapter 12 (Magic is Might)