The Wideye Potion, also known as the Awakening Potion, is a potion which prevents the drinker from falling asleep and can also be used to awaken someone from drugging or concussion. It acts as an antidote for the Draught of Living Death. Its recipe can be found in Magical Drafts and Potions.
During the 1988–1989 school year, Jacob's sibling, with Penny Haywood looking on, brewed this concoction in the Artefact Room, so as to use it to stay up late cramming some Potions revision as well as to practice brewing this potion for their Ordinary Wizarding Levels that year.
- Add 6 Snake fangs to the mortar
- Add 4 measures of Standard Ingredient to the mortar
- Add 6 Dried Billywig Stings to your cauldron
- Heat on a medium temperature for 30 seconds
- Finally crush the ingredients that are on the mortar
- Add 4 measures of the crushed ingredients to your cauldron
- Stir 3 times, clockwise
- Wave your wand
- Leave to brew and return in 8 hours (Copper), 14 hours (Brass), or 23 hours (Pewter).
- Add 2 sprigs of Wolfsbane to your cauldron
- Stir 3 times, anti-clockwise
- Wave your wand to complete the potion
- Copper Cauldron: 8 hours
- Brass Cauldron: 14 hours
- Pewter Cauldron: 23 hours
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game) (Mentioned on Official Website only)
- Pottermore (First appearance)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery
- Harry Potter: Wizards Unite
Notes and references
- Potions menu on Pottermore
- See this on the Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game) Official Website.
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 3, Chapter 2 (Boggarts and Butterbeer) - Potions Lesson "Wideye Potion"
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 5, "Ordinary Wizarding Levels" Achievement - Part 1, Side Quest "Take the O.W.L.s!"