At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
- "Eyes open. Today we will be learning to brew Wideye Potion. Wideye Potion has many practical uses, so long as you do not abuse it. Come and see how it is made."
- — Snape introducing this potion to students[src]
The Wideye Potion, also known as the Awakening Potion, was a potion which prevented the drinker from falling asleep and could also be used to awaken someone from drugging or concussion. It acted as an antidote for the Draught of Living Death. Its recipe could be found in Magical Drafts and Potions.
During the 1988–1989 school year, Jacob's sibling, with Penny Haywood looking on, brewed this concoction in the Artefact Room, so as to use it to stay up late cramming some Potions revision as well as to practice brewing this potion for their Ordinary Wizarding Levels that year.
Penny Haywood again brewed this potion during this school year, in the Sphinx Clubhouse with friends, in order to awaken an unconscious Jae Kim in the Hospital Wing, who had been injured by Ismelda Murk in the final round of the Tournament of Clubs.
- Add 6 Snake fangs to the mortar
- Add 4 measures of Standard Ingredient to the mortar
- Add 6 Dried Billywig Stings to your cauldron
- Heat on a medium temperature for 30 seconds
- Finally crush the ingredients that are on the mortar
- Add 4 measures of the crushed ingredients to your cauldron
- Stir 3 times, clockwise
- Wave your wand
- Leave to brew and return in 8 hours (Copper), 14 hours (Brass), or 23 hours (Pewter).
- Add 2 sprigs of Wolfsbane to your cauldron
- Stir 3 times, anti-clockwise
- Wave your wand to complete the potion.
Behind the scenes
- This potion was created for the Beta testing of Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, but it along with other potions and ingredients did not make the final cut and were not released in the game.
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game) (First mentioned) (Mentioned on Official Website only)
- Pottermore (First appearance)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery
- Harry Potter: Wizards Unite (Cut from final edit)
Notes and references
- Potions menu on Pottermore
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 3, Chapter 2 (Boggarts and Butterbeer) - Potions Lesson "Wideye Potion"
- See this on the Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game) Official Website.
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 5, "Ordinary Wizarding Levels" Achievement - Part 1, Side Quest "Take the O.W.L.s!"
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 5, "THE TOURNAMENT OF CLUBS" Achievement