The Wiggentree is a magical rowan. Its bark is used in Potion-making (namely the Wiggenweld Potion) as well as its twigs, and is guarded by Bowtruckles. Anyone who touches the trunk of one of these trees will be protected from Dark creatures as long as they are doing so.
Mathilda Grimblehawk and her partner investigated an incident when Muggle construction workers attempted to chop down a Wiggentree and were attacked by Bowtruckles. They later found and planted a Wiggentree sapling nearby the original.
The Wiggentree likely borrows its name from one of the numerous folknames for rowan: 'wickentree'. Rowan trees have quite a long history of associations with the protection against evil.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game)
- Pottermore (Mentioned only)
- Fantastic Beasts: Cases from the Wizarding World
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery
- Harry Potter: Puzzles & Spells
Notes and references