At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
The Wigtown Wanderers are a Quidditch team that plays in the British and Irish Quidditch League. The team is based in Wigtown, which is located in southwest Scotland. Founded in 1422, their playing robes are blood red with a silver meat cleaver emblazoned on the chest.
The original Wanderers were the seven children (four sons, three daughters) of local butcher Walter Parkin. They are remembered as a formidable team who won most of their matches, perhaps partly because Walter himself used to attend every game holding his wand in one hand and a meat cleaver in the other. A Parkin descendent has often been found on the team throughout the centuries.
Behind the scenes
- In the video game adaptation of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, a character the player meets says, "My favourite Quidditch team is the Wigtown Wanderers. Finest Team in the League!"
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (Mentioned only)
- Quidditch Through the Ages
- Pottermore (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Quidditch Season 1, time limited side quest "Searching for a Comet"
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 3, Quidditch Season 2, Chapter 13 (The Way Forward)
- Quidditch Through the Ages, Chapter 7 (Quidditch Teams of Britain and Ireland)
- Quidditch Through the Ages, Chapter 10 (Quidditch Today)
- Quidditch Through the Ages- About the Author
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 2, Quidditch Season 1, Chapter 1 (Welcome to Quidditch)